PDA

View Full Version : 310pv + 5mm stroker crank ?

parttime
02-04-2007, 07:02 AM
picked up a esr 310pv cylinder kit to put on my r and was also considering going with a +5mm stroker crank but when i called esr on friday they told me that the cylinder was ported to much to run with a stroker crank, also said the motor wouldn't do nothing but bog and would make no power.the transfers have not been touched so why would this setup not work, can anyone explain or are they just trying to sell me another cylinder.

brokenbones
02-04-2007, 08:30 AM
can you say port timing

did you tell esr you wanted to stroke the motor before you had them port the cylinder

kiesta00
02-04-2007, 11:33 AM
How do you know the transfer port timings werent changed?

deathman53
02-04-2007, 12:01 PM
I would send it to C-leigh racing, get a real port job done to it. My friend, he send his esr310pv to him, got it back it was alot better. A stroker crank needs the cylinder setup right, for it to act right. Esr does "cookie cutter" port jobs, I used to have a esr330, the porting on it was horrible, it looks like 2 different people ported it adn unevenly to add.

parttime
02-04-2007, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by brokenbones
[B]can you say port timing

as long as you can get zero deck height at tdc it is impossible for the port timing to be off.this might require a spacer plate and or extra gaskets at the base of the cylinder, or milling or decking the cylinder or cases. AND THATS A FACT!!!!!!!!!

parttime
02-04-2007, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by kiesta00
How do you know the transfer port timings werent changed?

the tranfers haven't been raisedonly opened up a little

GOTFEAR
02-04-2007, 02:25 PM
I have a CT 350 kit and decided to instal a strocker witch i have ben doing in drags bikes for 17 years and gave ct a call and told me if the cylinder and ports wernt set up for stroker dont do it so we didit and ran like JUNK power was all over the place never the same. so I sent it to FTZ they told me the stroker crank is not going to work so the stocker is in new port job and man this thing is fast on mx or drags. so if you think you add a stroker and just a spacer plate to get zero deck hight your wrong its not the same as a four stroke .good luck!

parttime
02-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by GOTFEAR
I have a CT 350 kit and decided to instal a strocker witch i have ben doing in drags bikes for 17 years and gave ct a call and told me if the cylinder and ports wernt set up for stroker dont do it so we didit and ran like JUNK power was all over the place never the same. so I sent it to FTZ they told me the stroker crank is not going to work so the stocker is in new port job and man this thing is fast on mx or drags. so if you think you add a stroker and just a spacer plate to get zero deck hight your wrong its not the same as a four stroke .good luck!

no i am not going to just install a +5 crank.that is why i asked the question that started the tread remember that my cylinders tranfers have not been traised only opened up. did you use the same cylinder and have it reported for the stroker crank or did you go with a whole new cylinder?

C-LEIGH RACING
02-04-2007, 04:35 PM
What port work is in that ESR jug you have, ?? TRX7, 9, or 11.

Wheather or not that jug can be used in a stroker engine build depends on how high the exhaust port roof has been cut.
If its been cut high up in the cylinder for power output in the upper rpm ranges, then it maybe cant be used.
It realy boils down to how much work will be involved for the builder in changing it over from a stock stroke to a stroker.
Dont forget that cylinder is a PV & the valve itself working will give the engine some bottom end which ever port work is in the cylinder.

Find out what the porting set at, then you can go from there.
Neil

kiesta00
02-04-2007, 06:42 PM
guess ESR won't exchange the new cylinder for another cylinder and let you buy the stroker crank?? They would make more money and make another happy customer.