PDA

View Full Version : Dynos in South Jersey??

philys21
02-04-2007, 05:42 AM
Hey guys, currently my engine is getting turned into a full blown race engine. I want to take it a dyno place that knows how to tune very well and has a good reputation. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any info.

JDMThoughts
02-04-2007, 09:21 AM
My buddy had his GSXR 750 and his girlfriends V-twin done at R&D in Tuckerton I believe they are. If not tuckerton, it's Little Egg Harbor. The guy does any form of motorcycles as far as I know. If I had more info I would give it to you.

philys21
02-04-2007, 02:51 PM
The place is called R&D?

ryanh250ex
02-04-2007, 05:53 PM
I've had mixed experience with Sun Cycle in Neptune. Frank is a nice guy but his kindness comes with a price.

philys21
02-04-2007, 06:50 PM
If price you mean money wise I don't mind. If they are really good at tuning I will pay for it.

Has anyone had any experience with Xtreme Machines?

ryanh250ex
02-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by philys21
If price you mean money wise I don't mind. If they are really good at tuning I will pay for it.

Has anyone had any experience with Xtreme Machines?

I can't speak for either when it comes to tuning. I had some work done by Frank @ Sun Cycle and was appalled by the labor charges. I understand someone's gotta do what they gotta do to pay the bills and keep food on the table, but they made a small fortune off me for the work required.

When I need work done that I can't do due to time/tool constraints, I send my stuff to Trapani's in Waretown. I've had Tim there do alot of work for me personally over the last few years, but I can vouch for George (the owner) being great at what he does. I personally would recommend them to anyone.

JDMThoughts
02-06-2007, 05:38 PM
I wasn't happy with my work done at Trapanis. I had a problem with my quad not wanting to run, and they got it to run for a weekend. I was 5 1/2 full turns out on my air fuel screw when I needed to be 2 1/4. I was fouling plugs like crazy. I went through 3 that week. Not too mention my throttle cable was misadjusted and my air filter was over oiled. I found an awful lot of filter oil in my air boot and opening of the carb. I wasn't impressed with the overall work. Pricing was fair. I have since been going to Moto-Xsupport in Forked River religously.

ryanh250ex
02-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by JDMThoughts
I wasn't happy with my work done at Trapanis. I had a problem with my quad not wanting to run, and they got it to run for a weekend. I was 5 1/2 full turns out on my air fuel screw when I needed to be 2 1/4. I was fouling plugs like crazy. I went through 3 that week. Not too mention my throttle cable was misadjusted and my air filter was over oiled. I found an awful lot of filter oil in my air boot and opening of the carb. I wasn't impressed with the overall work. Pricing was fair. I have since been going to Moto-Xsupport in Forked River religously.

Wow, that is pretty bad. I can honestly say I've never ran anything like that there.

quadgod440ex
02-06-2007, 06:53 PM
There is a place located on Cross Keys Road in Albion Nj its a small town about 2 minutes from me . He builds insane Gsxr and zx14 drag motors he is known all over the place. The name of the place is Carpenter. I know he deals with pretty much any type of motorcycle and also has a dyno and is very good at tuning. A buddy had a zx14 motor built there and let me tell u the bike is insane. And i know plenty of people who have had busa's and gxsr1000's built there through out the years. The guy is top notch with everything he does. He can make u a custom grind cam for anything u want,pistons or watever. The guy is good. Ive been there a million times and the guy is one of the most honest guys around. If he doesnt think he is capable of doing something he will tell you. Give them a call if u cant find the number im gonna try and get it for u tomorrow.

Another place is call Fonse Performance located on Hickstown Rd. In Erial Nj he builds highperformance Alchohal motors for speedboats . Like 1500hp That guy built a really nasty trx502 with everything custom from his shop. He does my head porting and valves for my quads. He also has a dyno but im not sure if he can use a quad on it or not. He is also very good at tuning!