PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Mixing

blasterandy
02-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Hello to all. I just wanted to know what all of you guys use to premix. A ratio rite or what. Whats easiest to use and almost fool proof to mix wrong. With my luck i would put 1:50. :D any help appreciated.

RichM1983
02-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Use something like this. It pretty much idiot proof.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/productDetail.do?prodFamilyId=3231&navTitle=Chemicals&webCatId=23&webTypeId=100&navType=type

blasterandy
02-04-2007, 12:42 AM
i Wonder how much it holds. i dont wanna have to mix it like 3X to get a whole tank.

CorvetteZ06
02-04-2007, 07:43 AM
ratio rite works great, end easy to use!

RichM1983
02-04-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by blasterandy
i Wonder how much it holds. i dont wanna have to mix it like 3X to get a whole tank.

I cant remember exactly but I'm almost positive that the lowest amount of gas that it will hold oil for is like 5 gallons. It may be even more than that. Trust me its more than enough for a tank. Thats what you need.

wilkin250r
02-04-2007, 03:02 PM
You want something REALLY easy and idiot-proof, use my method.

Almost any standard gas can is 5 gallons, including race-gas cans. Standard oil bottles are 16 ounces. When mixed together, this is a perfect 40:1 ratio. It doesn't get a whole lot easier than that, not to mention cleaner, no residue left over in your ratio-rite to drip in your toobox.

16oz oil in 4 gallons is 32:1, a very popular mix.

blasterandy
02-04-2007, 04:44 PM
haha, well i may do that cept with a 4 gallon i wonder if anyone makes a 4 gallon that would make it real easy. I am not racing so a leaner mixture wont benefit me any nor do i want to rebuild topends to much, so i will probably go with the 32:1.

Aceman
02-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Buy a jug with gallon increments marked on the side, I use a couple of Jaz's from Rocky Mtn. It's even easier if you're race fuel is dispensed from a pump, then it'll be measured for you.

blasterandy
02-04-2007, 06:48 PM
The place my buddy buys his fuel from (he buys in 55 gal drums) then sells some and makes about as much as he buys it for back. The drums come with a little hook up for a hose at the bottom and he has a pistol type of deal. That the gas stations use. I dont think he can measure it tho. Sounds like i have a few things to choose from and i have a good idea on what i will do. Thanks for all the help. :D

Crazy lil punk
02-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
Buy a jug with gallon increments marked on the side, I use a couple of Jaz's from Rocky Mtn. It's even easier if you're race fuel is dispensed from a pump, then it'll be measured for you.

My uncle is one of the main east coast Jaz distributers so I have a couple of those jugs, I love em', lol