PDA

View Full Version : go faster

tazman
02-03-2007, 10:13 PM
i just recently purchased a mongoose 90. How do I uncork this thing. I thought my 12 yo would have to grow into it, but she has already outgrown it. What can I do? I am new to the whole quad thing, so I really need some help.

thanks,

dan

dj250r
02-04-2007, 07:45 AM
I think the motor is a GY6? copy from honda so you could look for scooter parts to make it go faster that way or
engine kits avalible from Fisher Cycle and Powroll and you can email skvarekracing@yahoo.com for all the go fast tricks
they did some amaizing things with this bike
Dwayne

tazman
02-04-2007, 08:00 AM
thanks for the info.

the mongoose 90 is the same as the kfx90 for 07. kymco make thems both. I mean the same as far as drivetrain.

tazman
02-23-2007, 02:33 PM
well, i just got my 90 back from dealer due to a bad transmission and all is well. I had them remove the restrictor in the transmission and now it is alot faster. I know I can get a pipe and muffler from dtz but, what about jetting? where can Iget some information on jetting this little guy. I love this little thing it is so much fun for the kids.

WickedQuad
03-21-2007, 08:35 AM
On my 150 there is a speed restrictor in place and probably there is one on yours which you can unscrew some.

On the 150 the screw is on the right handle bar by the thumb pedal.