PDA

View Full Version : 450R GT thunder set up ?????

iflyhigh122
02-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I've been searching all the suspension posts I can and it seems the best bang for the buck suspension is GT thunder revalved 450R fronts and a Stock revalved rear with the XC link. NOw I am planning on runnin the Crandon XC race and the XC Iowa series but I also jump My quad. So would you guys recomend this set up? Are the 450 fronts going to raise the front up at all? Anyone running this set up tell me how it rides. Am I going down the wrong road. I have about $1K to work with on my suspension and I want to get the best I can. so let me know... Feedback please.

iflyhigh122
02-04-2007, 09:28 AM
bump ttt

MO-EX-RIDER
02-04-2007, 10:25 AM
if you do not already have the 450 shocks search for used fronts and you should be able to find some set up close to what you need, then revalve the rear or buy a used rear also....for 1K you can have 3 used elkas and maybe a little left for a revalve job too

as for the gt thunder revalves on the 400ex i do not know anyone who has them....there are a few guys on here who have that set up on their 450r tho...maybe ask in their section??

btw i bought a used set of elka piggy backs(comp. only) and a fully adjustable works rear w/ rezzie and had them serviced w/ seals/revalved/resprung all for $1100

Ruby Soho
02-04-2007, 01:43 PM
pappy has the 450r shocks revalved on his sons 400ex. ask him about them

fastyz85
02-04-2007, 02:23 PM
anybody know how much gt thunder charges to revalve and respring them for your weight and riding style.

STEVENJANNA
02-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by fastyz85
anybody know how much gt thunder charges to revalve and respring them for your weight and riding style.
There prices are right on there website.

02-05-2007, 05:28 AM
I ride that exact setup. Total cost $1,000.

Now, I haven't gotten to ride the rear shock / link, but I have run the fronts. The way GT Thunder revalves them, they don't raise the front end. The XC link will drop the rear seat height 4" at the grab bar. Lower center of gravity seems like a good idea.

They soak up XC type rough stuff amazingly well - front end tracks beautifully now, so well that I HAD to get my rear shock done, cuz the rear end was bounc ing all over the place..

I also do a little lite MX, and I've never bottomed the fronts out.

If the rear is anywhere near as good as the front, it'll be awesome.

Recommended.