View Full Version : dont know what to do?

rookiex
02-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Ive been on this site for five years on and off come back and leaving again.Ive got a good thing going on I moved to florida last year.Started up a lawn mowing company,Not no stupid lil b.s company im talking.10,000 hustler mower all the equipment ect.I now mow 173 homes 50 dollars a month for each home in the villages where all them tornados hit (that reminds me ive got to call some of them and make sure they are ok).they get 4 cuts in the grow season 2 in the off b.c the grass doesnt grow ive got every other week off right now till april.Im making around 85,000 dollars a year.And im only 21.BUT my family wants me to come home to columbus ohio where I have no job and im closing on a house and only have the cash in my bank to last me BUT IVE SAVED ALLOT dont get me wrong.My wife wants to move to ohio for a change and ive got all these nice things down there harleys and a nice condo

What would you do?

CRich[814]
02-03-2007, 04:30 PM
stay where you are. i live in erie pa, and my brother moved to orlando because he couldnt find a job here and he know does something with lawns and works at bass pro. im deffinitly moving when i can.

rookiex
02-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah and fishing is like my second love.I was just at bass pro down there we went to that nice hotel the swan in a executive suite for a few days for the honey moon and for one of my gifts she bought me a nice 250 dollar shamino pole at that place.

JW450R1
02-03-2007, 05:49 PM
go west like montana,idaho

czrider263
02-03-2007, 05:56 PM
STAY sounds like you have a nice set up

derekhonda
02-03-2007, 09:52 PM
any chance in selling the business and your customers being ok with that? a business making that kind of cash should be worth something...

cr_rider4
02-04-2007, 09:03 AM
if your happy now, then stay, if you would like a change or something new, move back to ohio.

bulkdriverlp
02-04-2007, 09:09 AM
stay, winters suck

A A R O N
02-04-2007, 01:18 PM
Find a good reliable friend that's not committed to anything right now. Have them manage the business down there and rent your condo from you. Then you could pay them around $50k and keep the other $35k plus condo rent just to keep you going up here until you find a job. Then, if you ever have to go back to it, it's not completely gone, you can just take back over.

krt400ex
02-04-2007, 01:21 PM
stay where you are....unless you got a good 400 grand put away so you can start back up again elsewhere, you should stay right where you are

rookiex
02-04-2007, 06:48 PM
o no i dont have 400 grand put back yet ive got around 65,000 put back in a savings account.we saved all the money we made off the company and lived off her money she made from real estate.So we could buy a home.I just dont know ive got allot of thinking to do.

firefighterjosh
02-05-2007, 02:10 AM
Stay! One thing your only 21 doing good stay atleast until you bussiness is so big you just sit back and relax. Then meybe move. Another thign your married at 21. That is really young. I would hate to loose a almost 100k bussiness and then find out you need a divorice and loose it all. IMO

FourFiftyFour
02-05-2007, 12:01 PM
I wish I was doing that well at 21.... Im still doing the broke college student thing... I would stay unless you think you will lose way too much money if all the clients arent going to be needing their lawns mowed in the near future....

Dan229
02-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Have your folks been down for a visit? They might not like OH so much once they get down and it is 70 verse 0 degrees in OH. Tell them if they want to see you more, get a pad in FLA or at least get one and split their time like the other snow birds do or a condo on the beach etc...

No reason at all to leave a job at your age making that sort of $$$! Most people will never have a job paying that much or if they do, it has certainly taken them a long time to get there.

ilpadrino113
02-05-2007, 01:03 PM
stay man

krt400ex
02-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Dan229
Have your folks been down for a visit? They might not like OH so much once they get down and it is 70 verse 0 degrees in OH. Tell them if they want to see you more, get a pad in FLA or at least get one and split their time like the other snow birds do or a condo on the beach etc...

No reason at all to leave a job at your age making that sort of $$$! Most people will never have a job paying that much or if they do, it has certainly taken them a long time to get there. agreed, my dad is 44 and he is only makin about 50 grand a yr...and he puts in looong hrs every week

rookiex
02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah its not a easy job in the summer, its hot hot 10 hour days 96-100 degrees out every day all day.Because trust me if your not on lawns you will get *****ed at.But the winter months from OCT to saaay march april its every other week.Ive got 10 weeks paid vacation.

Ive been told allot that I shouldnt of got married this young.But im happy with my choice and if **** happens (I hope it never does) ill just have to start all over again.

Plus its job security down here.

They are building in the villages (the place that got hit by all them twisters thats all over the news)for the next 16 years and are expected to build over 50,000 homes THATS INSANE if I could buy another mower and put out 2 crews I could double my work with in a year and be able to rake in net before taxes AND WADGES over 200,000 dollars but id be pushing over 400 homes.I mean you do the math

50 dollars a house Ive got around 200 homes
I get paid 50 dollars per house per month
the biggest over head I have is gas.

Ive got this figured out.its like a pot of gold but its hard work to get there.

Dan229
02-05-2007, 03:57 PM
That is when you hire someone to run the crew and you kick back and keep an eye on it and go after more business with other crews. It takes the owner of a new business a while to get it up and going but a smart owner will find good help and give them the decision making power to keep the customer happy (within limits).

No reason you can't have as many crews as want with a crew boss for each one and you just keep the business end running. Segment the crews up into regions and drive the competition out.

That business is all about customer service and doing a good job for the money (to the customer). You do that and keep the expenses verse time in check and you can kick back. You just have to make sure quality and customer service does not suffer but you keep a high efficiency rate by cutting fast and keeping good equipment.

02-05-2007, 04:04 PM
ill tell you what i WOULDNT do and thats come on a 4wheeler website asking for life altering decisions when your obviously old enough to figure things out on your own

rookiex
02-05-2007, 06:13 PM
hey bro ive been on here since i was 15 years old im now 21 allot of these people on here are old friends I use to talk to on a regular basis some ive raced with since I was 16 from New York To florida ive got MORE than enough people on this site I know personally and as well as they know my family.I can get advice and I can listen to others.

krt400ex
02-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by rookiex

50 dollars a house Ive got around 200 homes
I get paid 50 dollars per house per month
the biggest over head I have is gas.

Ive got this figured out.its like a pot of gold but its hard work to get there.

wait, so your telling me that your doing jobs every week and only getting $50 a month?!?!? that is insane dude.

i charge $50 a week for some jobs. more like on a per job basis. you could be making alot more and still lowball the real big guys if you charge right man

Hondadudeehhhh
02-07-2007, 06:50 PM
i might be giving you a call after college haha