PDA

View Full Version : Toe-in help

400eXr1d3rZ
02-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Can somebody tell me how to properly adjust toe-in? I have some knowledge on how to do it, I just don't completely understand it.

nicker71
02-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Adjust the toe in and out by adjusting the tie rods in or out on the tie rods end. Set on the quad and put the handlebars stright forward. Now step off and measure and the distance apart on both tires. measuse the front off the tire and also the rear of the tire. this will give you a idea where you need to start. Ajust them so they are both the same number. When they are both the same you know that your tires a perfectly stright. NOw you want both front tires to be facing in about 1/8 inch in. To do this find a common spot near the front on the frame or bumper and measure the distance for both tires, this should also be the same. THen just adjust both of the tie rods to bring you front tires in 1/8 in. Once your done to check just run a tape again from the front of both tires and also do the same on the back of the tires. YOu number up front should be about 1/4 less then the back.