PDA

View Full Version : Looking for sand Dunes

staakej
02-03-2007, 01:13 PM
I live in IL. I have a good friend who lives in NY. We are talking about meeting somwhere in the middle and going riding. We both though it would be cool to ride some dunes. I know there are some dunes in silver lake MI. Are these dunes any good? Is there any other sand dunes in the north east part of the country?

Honda5
02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
Silver Lake seems to be the closest. We have gone 3 times and planning on going this July. It is fairly small but the dunes change constantly. We love it. Best time to go would be during the week. We have heard that you have to sit in line and get a voucher to ride on the weekends. There are campgrounds close by and you do have to buy a one year sticker and pay to ride each day but it is not bad price wise. Here is a website: http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153-10365_15070-34760--,00.html

Also if you like trail riding, mud bogs, MX track time trials and drag racing check out Quad Fest in PA in July
http://www.thequadfest.com/thequadfest/index.html

staakej
02-08-2007, 08:26 PM
How small are we talking? I mean can you see it all in a day? I guess the other question I have is I race motorcross My Pipe is really usfa approved and since this is a state park are they really gona bust my balls over it ?

Honda5
02-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes, you can see it all in one day. My husband races motorcross too and you just have to have a spark arrester and they do check for them. Check out the sites and they do have the information on what you need. It's fun and closer than going out west.

Scott-300ex
02-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Same here dude, I live In IL, by St. Louis and I NEED to go to the dunes sometime in my life, theres a place in OK I might go to, later in my life, LoL.

banchee dave
02-11-2007, 05:45 AM
Silver lake is the coolest . if you get a hot day you can ride right up to lake michigan and take a dip to cool off. we go about 4 times during the year, it's a blast