PDA

View Full Version : Kickstater--need help ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

harry64chevy
02-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Ok i did post up before when i thought i had problem fixed but now yesterday when i was putting back together to check compression i cant seem to get the kickstarter to work properly. I will try an explain as good as i can what is happening. I put shaft on, then the gear, put the spring in the hole and slide plastic collar on. Now when i press down on kstarter, the kstarter gear slides out pass the idler gear and then goes back completly missing the idler gear. One question i had was, is the white plastic collar supposed to be tight on the shaft. Because it seems if that would stay in place then the kstarter gear would then stop and grab the idler gear. I hope this makes enough sense for you to figure out and help me out.

My email is downlo17@msn.com is anyone could respond that would be great! this would be the quickest way for me to get it. thanx again!!

harry64chevy
02-04-2007, 07:56 AM
ttt

banchee dave
02-05-2007, 03:29 PM
this is coming out of my repair manual so I can't post pictures. Hope this helps.

KICK AXLE:

1. install in this order

. plain washer
. kick idle gear
. washer
. circlip

2. Install

. kick axle assembly (rod with gear,spring and plastic coller)

note.
. Make sure that the kick stopper is stopped at the projection of the crankcase
. make sure spring is engaged with the crankcase hole

3. set the kick spring to the spring hook (that is located just above the kick axle assembly)

the plastic coller fits over the kick shaft and the slot holds the spring in place after the clutch cover is installed