PDA

View Full Version : shoulder injury

derekhonda
02-03-2007, 12:37 AM
just got back from snow skiing. im a real good skiier, but decided to give snowboarding a try (mistake #1).

anyways, ate it real hard forward and stuck my arms out to catchme and my left shoulder has been bothering me ever since.

how do you know if its out of socket, broken, or just sore? don't want to make a trip to the dfoc if its just gonna be sore for a while (horrible insurance)

i can move it a little, hurts like a ***** when i shrug my shoulders or try to lift my arm up above parallel with the ground. ohwell, anyone got any experience with shoulder injuries?

WHITE SEAT
02-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Give your shoulder 3-5 days and if your shoulder is still hurting after those days I would get it x rayed

Hammer trx450r
02-03-2007, 04:15 AM
I know alittle about shoulder injuries, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v170/hammer450r/plate2.jpg[/IMG]

hondaracer31
02-03-2007, 04:35 AM
Shoulder injuries suck. I tore my rotator cuff, the surgery and recovery wasn't bad. The P.T. was horrible! What you said sounds like that. Don't wait more than a week, if it's a rotator cuff things shrink up in there and it may not be possible to repair it.
Good luck.

CDCHONDAS
02-03-2007, 06:57 AM
probably rotator cuff, i have went down exactly how you did, know your biting the dirt so thro your arms out. for the next like 2-3 days i couldnt get my hand higher than my shoulder. I actually did both shoulders at different times. talked with some people that had surgery for it and said screw it i aint goin to the doc. 2 years later I feel good, sometimes very rarely it ges me.

derekhonda
02-03-2007, 02:04 PM
talked to mymom earlier and she told me just to go and get it x-rayed. hairline fracture and they said it was swollen up like it had come out of socket and gone back in. arm in a sling for 2-4 weeks,hooray

quad2xtreme
02-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
talked to mymom earlier and she told me just to go and get it x-rayed. hairline fracture and they said it was swollen up like it had come out of socket and gone back in. arm in a sling for 2-4 weeks,hooray

Once you start physical therapy, a really good exercise it to point your thumb like you are giving a thumbs down. Have your arm straight at your side and lift it without bending your elbow. If you dislocated your shoulder, you won't be able to lift your arm very high. You have to keep working on this for the next 6 months or so to get full range back. You have to watch doing motions like push ups. The muscles and tendons that hold your shoulder into place are weak. It is much easier to pop it out again in the 1st 6 months.

Good Luck and happy healing! :)