PDA

View Full Version : Hot Cam Stage II

honda400exrider
09-27-2002, 09:22 PM
if i got a 426/416 kit, wud i b able to get a stage II or do i need new rockers?

skemp
09-27-2002, 09:43 PM
You can, and it is a nice combo, but...

read this... (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27416)

honda400exrider
09-27-2002, 09:47 PM
soo you're saying dont get it? am i correct?

VegasEx'r
09-28-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by honda400exrider
soo you're saying dont get it? am i correct?

I have a Hot Cam Stage II & have been very happy with it (I bought one of the first ones available), but it looks like you are really taking a gamble buying one now. So I guess it depends on how lucky you feel. IMO, if I were looking for a cam right now, I would but something else...

honda400exrider
09-28-2002, 06:37 PM
with my luck.......... i wont get one

433rd
09-28-2002, 08:39 PM
I have the Stage II, it's been nothing but perfect for me. No core charge, good price, good power increase, it's hard to beat it.

I'll continue to buy them without question.

440sparks
09-29-2002, 07:45 AM
I've read the problems with the Hot cam. Seems to me these cams might be dirt cheap for a reason. I just took out my w.b. all around cam this weekend to install a new Sparks "full race" cam for my 440. The w.b. is also showing excessive wear on it and the rockers.
My new full race cam required new hard faced rockers and core charge but Sparks has 2 or 3 other "drop-in" cams that do not require rockers or a core charge. I would check on these and with TC or LRD. Good engine builders like these stand behind their products and offer the best advice. Good luck with your build.
Also, my first ride yesterday with the new cam was very impressive. I noticed major power increase thoughout the rpm range. I'll see today at the drag strip how much quicker.

skemp
09-29-2002, 09:20 PM
I can't say to not buy them, because it is your money, and I loved mine, until I cracked her open to do some work and found something I didn't like. They give awesome power, and are DIRT cheap, but I am going to spend a little more so I don't have to wonder what is going on under the "hood", so to speak.

BTW, I think my situation was a freak accident, more or less, but I have a lot of money invested into this thing, and I want the added security.

09-29-2002, 10:12 PM
I would love to tell you not to ever buy a hotcam because of the way the have handled my and others problems with their product, but that would not be fair since there is gonna be some people that cant afford the better cams and others just the required extras (springs rockers etc) but it appears in this case you may get what you pay for.

I know of many people with min mods who have been very happy with the hotcam but it seems there are as many or more that arent.

I hope that helps your decision.