PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Issue

Ogener
02-02-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm looking to pick up an 01 raptor 660 for really cheap like $500 or less becuase the guy wants to get rid of it. The big issue is that it doesnt run. He says its something electrical. He also had the tranny rebuilt not that long ago. He said he was riding and came out of a ditch and heard a "clunk" noise and it just died. He tried charging the battery and no use. Pull starts didnt work either, and he said the dash lights don't come on. I was wondering if anyone knew of any common problems to look for when I go look at it to see if it will be an easy fix or not. Even if it is something that requires time for the price to buy I'm willing to do it but if it could be something easy it would be excelent. Any advice is apreciated.

tater_kamik
02-03-2007, 11:15 AM
honestly, thats really not very much information to work on, so if you can find any info out, that would help a lot. does the motor turn over and does it turn over smoothly? will the starter try to turn over the motor? does the solenoid close when you try to start it? have you checked the grounds? will it try to start after charging the battery then die?honestly, there are so many questions and its hard to troubleshoot something like that. but, if the bike is in decent shape you can always part it out and make money...

Ogener
02-03-2007, 11:38 AM
From what he told me the starter wont even click. He tried pull starts and no use. It's like theres no power at all I believe.

tater_kamik
02-03-2007, 03:13 PM
sounds like a ground to me

Ogener
02-04-2007, 11:25 AM
ok thank you sorry for the fuzzy details

DieselBoy
02-07-2007, 02:21 PM
meh, buy it for a parts bike

engine turn over good? need to test the comp and all that and do electrical tests