PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on fmf

trx400EXtreme
02-02-2007, 08:24 PM
i always hear poeple talking about how good hmf and sparks pipes are, but u dont hear much fmf. i already have one but am i missin something? would it be worth buyin a new one?

Mxjunkie
02-02-2007, 08:30 PM
I allways use fmf on my 2 strokes, we had a mega max on our 250x and it was a good system for the money. On most of the dyno shoot outs with all the big pipe companys they are right up there with them, Fmf does have a quad team running around the nationals. Also Fmf offers just about every type of exhaust system out there which is cool because most of the company's dont offer exhaust systems for say a warrior or a lt250r anymore.

400flava
02-03-2007, 05:44 AM
i also have a FMF pipe and after buying it i have not seen to much feed back on it but in my opion it is a very good pipe! i have a titanium 4 with power bomb header and i noticed a huge difference through out the whole power band with a vast improvment in throtel response. so rather then buying another pipe i would suggest investing money in a high compression piston or a new cam or both

Just my opion i have not rode another 400 with a different pipe on it so i do not have anything to compare it to. the only other piped bikes i have ridder were 2 strokes. hope it helps though

04450rrider
02-03-2007, 07:02 AM
I always thought that the FMF was junk so i stayed aways from it, but now my friend ust bought a 400ex with one and it screams. It is not quite as fast as my old 400ex with an HMF slip-on but it is pretty dang close.

02-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I've always been relatively pleased with FMF.

Like was said above, instead of sinking more $$$$ into another pipe, get a piston and cam to go with your FMF.

KB Motorsports
02-03-2007, 09:06 PM
I would keep the FMF before I bought another exhaust system. I honestly believe you wont be happy with the power results.