PDA

View Full Version : wont start

400excaleb
02-02-2007, 07:55 PM
when i push the start button nothing happens, i have to push start it evey time. what do i need to do to get the start button workin

A A R O N
02-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Check the fuse and make sure it's not blown. If that's not it, make sure the simple stuff is okay.....is the key on, or battery dead? Check all connections and grounded wires too.

400exrapes
02-02-2007, 08:14 PM
check the battery connections mine didnt start because underneath the red covered connection its either negative or posotive i forgot there was a ton of dirt so clean that out cover everything back out if you have an owners manual use the steps for taking the battery out and take out the red connection clean it and then see

400excaleb
02-04-2007, 11:51 AM
i put a new fuse in it ad it starts, but only in neutral, i can pul the clutch in when im in gear and it wont start. what can i do

400exrapes
02-04-2007, 02:14 PM
good question i had the same problem with mine two weeks ago and i fixed it thanks to this website. Where your kill switch and headlights and ignition are going into that box will be two wires not connected to anything. Cut them off right at the end and wire the copper on the inside and it will start whenever you hold in the clutch and in neutral.

400excaleb
02-04-2007, 05:50 PM
thats what i dont understand, i have them wired together

DF400ex
02-04-2007, 06:03 PM
when you push the start button does your solenoid make a snap or a pop sound? If it does then it could be many things. If it does not, then check to make sure you have power to your solenoid when you push the start button. If you have power to the solenoid but it doesn't make any noise when pushed, then it's the solenoid. Else, it's between the start button and your solenoid... check all your wiring between them.

400excaleb
02-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by DF400ex
when you push the start button does your solenoid make a snap or a pop sound? If it does then it could be many things. If it does not, then check to make sure you have power to your solenoid when you push the start button. If you have power to the solenoid but it doesn't make any noise when pushed, then it's the solenoid. Else, it's between the start button and your solenoid... check all your wiring between them.

when i push the button it dont click, it starts in neutral, but how do u check to see if its getting power to the solenoid

DF400ex
02-04-2007, 08:10 PM
with a volt meter...