PDA

View Full Version : Quad boggin down

DE400EX
02-02-2007, 12:44 PM
A buddy of mine asked me to look at his polaris utility,

I havent seen it yet, but he tells me it starts fun it just bogs down when he tries to ride it? Im assuming its flooding it self some how.. Anyone else have a problem like that?

wis400x
05-17-2007, 11:15 AM
I was just going to post a similiar question on here for a 1996 polaris sportsman,but I see you didnt get any responses! Did you figure it out??

09-04-2007, 07:10 PM
i have had this problem with a lot of my vehicles. most of the time the carburator needs to be cleaned. it would be best to disasembyl it. clean it and all the parts with carburator cleaner very delicately. the best way to prevent this is by changing the air and fuel cleaner almost every season depending on how hard and the conditions in which you ride in.

in most cases with the carburator the jets are clogged so you can used compressed air or a toothpick to clean it out.

also in other cases the carburator float has been (deflated)- there is a hole in it. this would cause it to become flooded very quickly.

usually when you store it during the winter it will get junked up by letting it sit so the best thing is to run it and NOT put in fuel stabalizer. if you must let it sit drain the gas out of it.

number52
03-23-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm having a similar problem, the bike starts right up. But, when you get on the throttle it makes a really loud noise coming from the carburetor. Took off the intake boot and it's like there is exhaust coming out of it. Anyone have any ideas?