PDA

View Full Version : New Rules for National MX Racing

10-22-2001, 07:49 AM
I heard from a very reliable source that no dirt bike engines will be allowed at national races next season. If the engine does not come in a quad from the manufacturer, then it will not be able to run (examples are Honda 450, the Yamaha 426, & the Suzuki DZ400). I would like some help on finding a news acticle or report or something on this. Also, I will check back with my source to find out where he got this info. Any opinions on what this will do to the atv market (from a manufacturers stand point).

Mity Mo
10-22-2001, 12:59 PM
go to www.********.com for more details. You are wrong in some ways. It will help us get factory backed racing in again. So it is very wise that this happens in 2003.;)

10-22-2001, 02:18 PM
This is what ******** reports........same as above just cut and pasted..........

The next biggest news from this year's ATVA Congress and GNC promoter's meetings comes in the way of an announcement for the 2003 season. Look forward to seeing the sport of ATV racing to be much less costly in the future. A proposal passes to no longer allow motorcycle motors in any of the GNC classes for the 2003 season. It's also proposed that a Pro production four-stroke class will be added in 2003. Only four stroke motors from an ATV manufacturer and ATV OEM frames will be allowed in the class. The promoters and the media will focus on making this class the elite top shelf class of the series. This major movement allows a much more affordable racing venue and should introduce the sport to many people that would have otherwise not been able to afford to go ATV racing. An 'A, 'B and 'C version of the class will also be available in 2003. Aftermarket frames and 250R-two-stroke racing will still thrive in all other classes.

P.S. - Thanks for finding that for us.