PDA

View Full Version : quick nerfs question

BranMan
02-01-2007, 06:32 PM
ok i just bought a set of used nerfs from a member on here... i just got them in the mail today and i was installin them and i cannot figure out how the nets go on the nerfs... i have a picture attached below of how it looks... sry for the bad drawing but i hope u can get the idea... it has 3 slots for the nerfs to stitch on... it is prob pretty obvious but i cant sem to figure it out... so any help is greatly appreciated... thanks

400exrider720
02-01-2007, 06:57 PM
are you sure it doesnt have 4 slots because thats what I have? What type of nerf bars do you have?

Ruby Soho
02-01-2007, 06:57 PM
in through the top, out the middle, back in the bottom

BranMan
02-01-2007, 07:39 PM
yeah it only has 3 im not sure wat kind they r... but my guess is DG or AC... and in top through middle and in bottom wont work... that extra strap has to hang out the bottom...

mad440
02-01-2007, 07:53 PM
yeah and it is sometimes a pain in the ***** gettin in back through the top one, thats how it was for mine.

hornetgod13
02-01-2007, 07:57 PM
Are you confused yet with all these explainations? I haven't seen the correct way described yet.
This is how mine are and I followed the directions that came with them.
Feed webbing through the top slot and down and out the bottom slot.
Once through the bottom slot feed it into the middle slot and out the top slot underneath the webbing you routed in initially.
Getting it through the top slot the second time is tight but once you adjust the netting to where you want it, it will stay put.
Here's a picture of mine. I zoomed in on the nerfs on a picture I took a while back. If you read my directions and look at the photo, it will all make sense. I left the excess hang down. It was only 2 or 3 inches.

j450rking
02-01-2007, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by hornetgod13
Are you confused yet with all these explainations? I haven't seen the correct way described yet.
This is how mine are and I followed the directions that came with them.
Feed webbing through the top slot and down and out the bottom slot.
Once through the bottom slot feed it into the middle slot and out the top slot underneath the webbing you routed in initially.
Getting it through the top slot the second time is tight but once you adjust the netting to where you want it, it will stay put.
Here's a picture of mine. I zoomed in on the nerfs on a picture I took a while back. If you read my directions and look at the photo, it will all make sense. I left the excess hang down. It was only 2 or 3 inches.

there you go! sounds like you have ac's

hornetgod13
02-02-2007, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by j450rking
there you go! sounds like you have ac's

Motorsport Products Nerf Bars but, the webbing is routed the same way. I'm glad I could help out. :macho

BranMan
02-02-2007, 10:59 AM
well thanks alot for the help...

Honda#4
02-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Here's DG's nerf bar configuration. Hope it helps some. sorry it's so blurry.