PDA

View Full Version : What should I do?

redlineranger
02-01-2007, 06:27 PM
so... this whole appendix surgery thing has put me out of doing anything physical for 2 months. hell stretching the wrong way could rip the staples out of my insides and i'd be screwed, so im limited on what i can do. so i've been contemplating if i should sell my 4wheeler or not.

i hate to even think about it, but i can't stand to see it sit there. it hasnt seen a race track in 2 months, because i wrecked the last time i went and screwed my bars and stem, and just never fixed it cus i didnt have the money. and now its pretty much gonna sit for another 2 months, because i can't ride around here at my house due to neighbors and the law men. pretty much all its gonna get is starting up, letting it idle, and a few good revs. in 2 months im getting a truck, and the idea of having about 5-5,500 dollars on hand doesnt sound to bad with that coming around. so i don't know what to do. in may im moving to mid alabama around the prattville area and there are some damn good tracks up there, and its just a hour and a half from national track mill creek. but i'm not always gonna be able to go. and tracks like Monster Mountain and Big Cedar Vally have shut down 4wheelers, and those are basically 20-30 minute rides to 2 badass tracks. so i thought if i sold the quad i could get a 250f, since bikes is all thats being run at the tracks where im moving.

wow i kind of rambled on there, but i need help. should i just wait it out and stick with the quad, or should i sell it for the money and get a bike in 4 months when i move? or should i keep the quad and buy a used 125? that might could be a way to have a bike for the bikes only track, and then still have the quad. what should i do?

suzukigirl
02-01-2007, 08:52 PM
i know if it were me i would wait and keep the quad...sounds like you'll have some good riding spots when you move...can't really help you on this....you need to think about what you really want

redlineranger
02-01-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
i know if it were me i would wait and keep the quad...sounds like you'll have some good riding spots when you move...can't really help you on this....you need to think about what you really want

i really want to keep the yfz..... i love that thing to death. but where i'm moving, theres 3 national caliber tracks all with in a arms reach, and there shutting quads down....unfortunately the numbers just arent showing in alabama for the tracks to want to run the quads. but then again there is alot of arenacross up there and i went to one and they had an awesome quad turn out, i just dont see why those guys wont grow hair on their peaches and come to a real track. i guess i could run those. but i think im leaning towards the buying a used 125.... i have plenty of contacts and know all kind of people that are always selling bikes, so its not like i couldnt get one...i would rather have a 250f, cus i love the simpleness of 4 strokes. but i couldnt afford a used one with out selling the quad. so i guess im gonna wait and see what happens and pick up a 125. i'll talk to my dad about it, i dont think he would care as long as i pay for it, and the up keep. and besides he's always talked about pickin up a good used 125 or 250f so this might work.

thanks

suzukigirl
02-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by redlineranger
i really want to keep the yfz..... i love that thing to death.
thanks

sound like you just answered your question..i'd keep the quad...ride where you can..like the arenacross you mentioned...and if you still want to do mx then try to find a used dirtbike when you can afford it

redlineranger
02-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
sound like you just answered your question..i'd keep the quad...ride where you can..like the arenacross you mentioned...and if you still want to do mx then try to find a used dirtbike when you can afford it

yea i know it... its just tough watching it sit there. right now the stem and bars are bent to hell and back from a little nasty i had the last time i went riding.. which was 2 months ago... i've putted up and down the road, and started it up plenty of times, but that doesnt do a yfz justice. it deserves to have the mess ridden out of it...and now that i cant ride for another 2 months, it makes it even worse. i'd get my dad to take it out to the track and get back in shape, but i doubt he or the quad would make it back in one piece. i dunno. i guess we'll see. i'll prolly wind up keeping it. i said this would be the last one i bought for awhile so i'll prolly wind up keeping it. im just gonna talk to him about the bike, im pretty sure he'll be ok with a 125. 250f's are amazing, but amazingly expensive once they tear up and he knows that even though he doesnt follow the bike scene much. the 125 plan might work.

but i guess im making it sound like all the track around where im moving are shutting quads down. all of them arent, but the 3 i really want to ride at, and everyone else wants to ride at, are shutting us down. i've been researching and found a few more good lookin private tracks tryin to make a name for themselves so i might not be out of the water yet. we'll see.

suzukigirl
02-01-2007, 09:17 PM
i know what you mean when you say you can't stand to see your quad just sit there....my quad(actually my dad's) has been sitting in the garage for like 2 months...i'm going crazy not being able to ride....racing hasn't started and my parents don't have the time to take me somewhere to ride(....although i did get to watch one race)..and i can't drive by myself yet..so i'm stuck not racing til april.....i'm going crazy:p