PDA

View Full Version : installed new cam, questions

nashport_native
02-01-2007, 06:05 PM
I reset my valve lash again today, after breaking in my new hotcam and noticed that the rockers are still against the valves untill I roll the engine over to the "F" mark. I set the lash at the F mark, and the engine runs fine, but I thought is was supost to be set at the T mark?

any ideas?

zrpilot
02-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Rotate the motor 180, to the next T mark and that should be TDC.

nashport_native
02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
ok, I will try that......if the cam was really that far off, it shouldent run though, right?

my cousin had the cam 1 tooth off on his warrior and it was hard to start, and ran like crap, mine starts within 2 rev. and revs clean and fast.

flauge
02-12-2007, 01:26 AM
I just noticed that mines like this too. Move it to the T mark and the valves are tight, but i turn it a lil more to the F and they'll be right where theyre supposed to be... i dont get it...:confused:

nashport_native
02-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I found my problem, if you spin the engine the wronge way it will end up on the f insted of the t.

make sure you spin ratchet to the front of the bike (like you are going to remove the bolt from the fly wheel)

400exrider707
02-12-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by zrpilot
Rotate the motor 180, to the next T mark and that should be TDC.

180 degree turn either way is TDC. If you rotated 180 to get to TDC, you were just at TDC.;)

Also your cam chain could be stretched enough to throw it off, although I doubt throw it off that much, and you might have a timing key in there you didn't know about!?