02-01-2007, 06:00 PM
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml07/07525.html

Recall Alert

U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207
January 31, 2007
Alert #07-525
American Honda Motor Corp. Recalls All-Terrain Vehicles for Crash Hazard

The following product safety recall was voluntarily conducted by the firm in cooperation with the CPSC. Consumers should stop using the product immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Honda Model Year 2006 TRX450ER/R ATVs

Units: About 11,000

Distributor: American Honda Motor Corp. Inc., of Torrance, Calif.

Hazard: The front suspension arm ball joints could have been contaminated during production, resulting in rapid wear of one or more of the ball joints and possible ball joint separation. If the ball joint separation occurs while riding, the operator could lose control of the ATV.

Incidents/Injuries: American Honda Motor Corp. has received seven warranty claims about this problem. No injuries have been reported.

Description: The recall involves 2006 model year TRX450ER and TRX450R ATVs. They are adult-sized ATVs designed for use by riders age 16 and older. The ATVs are available in red or black. The TRX450ER and TRX450R model names are located on the front cowling just below the handlebars and the name Honda is printed on the seat.

Sold by: Honda dealers nationwide from September 2005 through December 2006 for between $6,600 and $7,000.

Manufactured in: Japan

Remedy: Consumers should stop using these recalled ATVs until the repair has been completed. Call any Honda ATV dealer to make an appointment to have the ATV repaired. The dealer will inspect and repair your ATV, if necessary. Registered owners of the recalled ATVs have been sent direct notice.

Consumer Contact: For more information, consumers can call Honda toll-free at (866) 784-1870 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.powersports.honda.com

Picture of Recalled All-Terrain Vehicle

---

Send the link for this page to a friend! The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission is charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of serious injury or death from more than 15,000 types of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction. Deaths, injuries and property damage from consumer product incidents cost the nation more than $700 billion annually. The CPSC is committed to protecting consumers and families from products that pose a fire, electrical, chemical, or mechanical hazard or can injure children. The CPSC's work to ensure the safety of consumer products - such as toys, cribs, power tools, cigarette lighters, and household chemicals - contributed significantly to the 30 percent decline in the rate of deaths and injuries associated with consumer products over the past 30 years.

To report a dangerous product or a product-related injury, call CPSC's hotline at (800) 638-2772 or CPSC's teletypewriter at (800) 638-8270, or visit CPSC's web site at www.cpsc.gov/talk.html. To join a CPSC email subscription list, please go to www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.asp. Consumers can obtain this release and recall information at CPSC's Web site at www.cpsc.gov.

02-01-2007, 06:15 PM
do u kno any recall crap on 05's?

Flodies400ex
02-01-2007, 09:07 PM
no I dont but its I just get it off other sites but I think this this needs to be a

STICKY this important I think

Pappy
02-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Flodies400ex

STICKY this important I think

ummm....i believe there is already a sticky on this issue. more proof RIF