PDA

View Full Version : Had a little surprise for Cody....

Pappy
02-01-2007, 05:18 PM
He has been working his rear end off in school this year, and he just brought home his report card and again, strat A's in all accelerated classes:D This was his choice to take these classes and forgo much racing (school will not allow him any missed time:( )

Not only has he been doing great hitting the books, he has busted his rump for me in the shop, sometimes reading his books while he hand sanded parts:p And he takes care of 95% of the packaging for us also, and took on the responsibilty of securing incoming items and recording the VIN #s etc.

So, I surprised him with a new set of tires and rims for all his hard work.

Congrats boy...keep up the hard work. Remember, short sleeves to shirt sleeves;)

Admin
02-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Congrats Cody on another great report card, and I will help you wear out those tires :eek:

400eXr1d3rZ
02-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Didn't he have hipers for the old wheels? What are you going to do with them?

mephyst
02-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Congrats Cody... I remember seeing all his pics a few years ago of him on his 90. Now he is totally kicking ***** on that 400... hahah.

WhiteYFZ
congrats cody.. rims and tires look nice!

Mc. Muffin
Congrats cody!!!

Pappy
02-01-2007, 05:28 PM
the hipers are on his 400, these are for his 300ex

mephyst
02-01-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
the hipers are on his 400, these are for his 300ex

He still rides both? :devil: Are they setup for different things?

Pappy
02-01-2007, 05:42 PM
the 400 is set up for mx, the 300 for general riding and he can race that if he wants mx or xc. im sure he will hit afew nationals this year just for fun

suzukigirl
02-01-2007, 05:44 PM
congrats....must have been a great surprise for him....and all A's..way to go:D

mephyst
02-01-2007, 05:48 PM
I know... I wish I could pull straight A's in college, but it's a lot harder to "skate by." In high school I just cheated and copied off people all the time... different story in college. Hahah. Still got above a 3.0 though. :p

Pappy
02-01-2007, 05:50 PM
next week he has to set his high school schedule:eek2: i am feeling really old...realllllyyy old:p

WhiteYFZ
02-01-2007, 05:51 PM
next week he has to set his high school schedule:eek2: i am feeling really old...realllllyyy old:p

tell cody high school is alot more fun . ALOT

suzukigirl
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ

except for all the school work:p

Doober
02-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ

and it goes by waaaaaaay to fast, Congrats on the report card i just wish i would have applied myself to try to get good grades.

tp300ex
02-01-2007, 05:56 PM
wait until ur have to buy him a TRUCK!
congrats cody never made straight A's cuzz its impossible do to wat i have lol

BlasterEaten250
02-01-2007, 06:04 PM
next week he has to set his high school schedule:eek2: i am feeling really old...realllllyyy old:p I had to do that this week:macho

tires and rims look nice, now put them on:devil:

Tater049
02-01-2007, 06:24 PM
it always warms my heart when you hear these kinds of stories. I have trouble staying above a 2.75. congrats man keep it up.

orca0294
02-01-2007, 06:55 PM
good job - I have like no motivation to do anything when I'm let out of school but I've had a 3.0 on a 4 scale since freshmen year.

Pappy
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
He also had to make a choice about the ROTC program. I told him to read through all the info and then we would talk about it.

He came to the conclusion that he would be best served by not doing ROTC atleast at first and should keep on track with the scholastic side of things. I think he thought i would be mad at him:p

He gets his school work ethics from his mom, she was a bookworm, me...I'd would have rather tried to ditch then stay in class, but I think he is also seeing first hand how hard you have to work if you dont have the 9-5 thing going

Pappy
02-01-2007, 07:24 PM
Ryan got all A's and 1 C....so he didnt get squat:p He was ticked, not at me, but at himself for not pulling the C up. Smart kid, but more carefree then CJ:p

Mxjunkie
02-01-2007, 07:27 PM
haha Ryan looks purdy mean :p

mephyst
02-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Ryan got all A's and 1 C....so he didnt get squat:p He was ticked, not at me, but at himself for not pulling the C up. Smart kid, but more carefree then CJ:p

Hahahah, poor kid!! Give him something too that's really good! I got principal's honor roll my last 2 years of high school! :p My parents about crapped their pants. I was always the C student but actually started trying. I'm majoring in Business Administration right now and all I have to say is for college you MUST HAVE GOOD STUDY HABITS!! :)

Pappy
02-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by mephyst
Hahahah, poor kid!! Give him something too that's really good!

He has been saving up for an electric guitar and is $100 short, I think his piggy bank will find itself a bit heavier tomorrow;)

miller821
02-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
except for all the school work:p

Not when you have shop classes:D

suzukigirl
02-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ride hard man
Not when you have shop classes:D

ya..i love shop class:D...but i'm on semesters so next semester i don't have shop anymore:( ..i'm still going to go in to work on stuff though

miller821
02-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by suzukigirl
ya..i love shop class:D...but i'm on semesters so next semester i don't have shop anymore:( ..i'm still going to go in to work on stuff though
Semesters? That's weird, we have 2 semesters with 2 quarters in them a piece. We're on our second already.... You guys a year around school or something?

Sorry about stealing your thread Pappy!;) Tires look good.

mephyst
02-01-2007, 07:49 PM
He has been saving up for an electric guitar and is $100 short, I think his piggy bank will find itself a bit heavier tomorrow;)

Pappy seems like the perfect father. Haha. You don't have any daughters do you?? Boys are so much more fun as kids...

Pappy
02-01-2007, 07:53 PM
no girls, but i feel sorry for a few fathers out there...especialy when ryan comes of age:devil:

mephyst
02-01-2007, 07:55 PM
I still feel bad for a lot of fathers out there because of me!! :devil: I'm 18 with a 21 year old brother and a 9 year old sister that came out of nowhere??? wtf??? :confused: Hahahahah... she won't ever fool me...

WhiteYFZ

lol i like the had.. to the side lol.

suzukigirl
Originally posted by ride hard man
Semesters? That's weird, we have 2 semesters with 2 quarters in them a piece. We're on our second already.... You guys a year around school or something?

Sorry about stealing your thread Pappy!;) Tires look good.

our school year is divided in 2...so we have 4 classes one semester and 4 the next....i start my second semester on monday

Mxjunkie
02-01-2007, 08:23 PM
no girls, but i feel sorry for a few fathers out there...especialy when ryan comes of age:devil:

Pappy's going to have his hand's full, Ryan's allready a ladies man at the age he is now lmfao :blah:

Pappy
02-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Oh cody is sly about it, but i see the caller ID:devil:

cody anderson
02-02-2007, 06:51 AM
Nice! That would rule!:macho

sly400ex
02-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Good job to Cody! Pappy, from what age did you start to instill the importance of hard work and education to your kids. As a father of one year old daughter, I would like to see the hard work and dedication that your boys have. :)

Pappy
02-02-2007, 09:32 AM
they are never to early, if you spoil them , then they never learn that hard work brings rewards. cody works good, ryan is still to young and wants to do his thing, but i dont pressure him. he did ask awhile back why cody got everything and i flat told him it was payment to cody for his hard work, since then ryan has stepped up his level of involvement in house work/chores etc. Ofcourse cody whines like a girl when ryan gets out of helping but thats normal:p

also i think it depends on the type of life style the parents lead. my kids watch us work several gardens, can and freeze our own food, butcher most of our own meats etc. they watch as the wife and i work non stop, me working 18 hours a day almost 7 days a week and the wife also works full time and helps me with my business. they are seeing first hand what hard work is and hopefully that is a huge reason they will want to work in a field that allows them to use thier brain and not their back.

and trust me, no one around here is perfect at anything :p

SGA
02-09-2007, 11:19 PM
Good Job Cody and Ryan!

dunnonuttin
02-10-2007, 12:40 AM
i believe the last time i made all A's was 5th grade, after that they went down the drain. parents divorcing sucks the big one.:( since then i have really cared what happens

Pappy
02-10-2007, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by dunnonuttin
i believe the last time i made all A's was 5th grade, after that they went down the drain. parents divorcing sucks the big one.:( since then i have really cared what happens

dont let their poor choices affect you. my parents divorced twice while i was in school, sucked, but their poor judgement wasnt mine

JRP
02-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Pappy's going to have his hand's full, Ryan's allready a ladies man at the age he is now lmfao :blah:

haha couldnt of said it better. BPG is ryans pimp zone. :p :blah: See him walkin around with 5 or 6 girls all the time:devil:

MX MaNiAc 06
02-10-2007, 09:09 AM
Oh cody is sly about it, but i see the caller ID:devil:

Haha, what a pimp!

Nice job on the report card.

sly400ex
02-10-2007, 09:35 AM
they are never to early, if you spoil them , then they never learn that hard work brings rewards. cody works good, ryan is still to young and wants to do his thing, but i dont pressure him. he did ask awhile back why cody got everything and i flat told him it was payment to cody for his hard work, since then ryan has stepped up his level of involvement in house work/chores etc. Ofcourse cody whines like a girl when ryan gets out of helping but thats normal:p

also i think it depends on the type of life style the parents lead. my kids watch us work several gardens, can and freeze our own food, butcher most of our own meats etc. they watch as the wife and i work non stop, me working 18 hours a day almost 7 days a week and the wife also works full time and helps me with my business. they are seeing first hand what hard work is and hopefully that is a huge reason they will want to work in a field that allows them to use thier brain and not their back.

and trust me, no one around here is perfect at anything :p

Sounds good, seems like you have been doing a great job. The wife too!:p

450robot
02-10-2007, 09:57 AM
wow! great job cody! he must have a great work ethic, and great parents to keep up what he does! im frantic and out of my mind to just keep my straight a's in normal level classes. but for him to do what hes doing is great!

keep up the great work! and enjoy your rewards for your effort! they will get you places in life you will never imagine!

Sjorge450R
02-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Doober
and it goes by waaaaaaay to fast, Congrats on the report card i just wish i would have applied myself to try to get good grades.

ha tell me about. Im already a junior and I feel like a just started 2 months ago...lol.

Congrats Cody. Keep up the good work and maybe I will see you at a couple of D-6 races this year.

400exc
02-10-2007, 12:04 PM
How old is cody these days??

Pappy
02-10-2007, 12:08 PM