PDA

View Full Version : spark plug eater

FreeStyle Digby
02-01-2007, 01:10 PM
hi
i have 2 questions please
1 whot plug should i be using in my r it is on stock barrel on1.5 over bore ,38mm carb with a 160 main , Paul turner "race pipe", twin air filter with ally air box and a hinson adjustable timing plate set at 0 using 97 ron fuel

second question is it seems to eat plugs i currently use a NGK br9es and it runs fine for about a hour then it starts to miss and backfire once it hits band then if i fit a new plug it runs fine again for about another hour then the same again and its costing me a fortune in plugs :)

any help would be great

cheers F S D

250r4life
02-01-2007, 01:21 PM
most people use NGK b8es or br8es...

if youre fouling plugs youre jetting is likely too rich

GPracer2500
02-01-2007, 04:09 PM
What he said^

The 8, being a "hotter" plug, will be somewhat less prone to fouling. If your jetted rich on purpose for some reason then a hotter plug all by itself might provide relief.

ESrider
02-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Is it black and fouled when you change it?

kiesta00
02-02-2007, 09:48 AM
almost sounds like your spark plug wire is comming loose after a few minutes of riding, or somethings up with your ignition. try that 8 plug and see how that works. Whats your premix ratio at?

FreeStyle Digby
02-02-2007, 11:10 AM
thanks for the replies
i do run it slightly rich just for safety bet when i take the plug out its not fouled up just a little dark
it dose not have the best spark so im thinking it could be down to a ignition fault ????
could my stator be on its way out ???
the other thing that could be connected is it dose not start very well i really have to jump on the kicker to get it to fire but once running its fine

oh and i run it at 33:1

cheers F S D

novaracr70
02-03-2007, 12:18 PM
are you gapping your plugs to .18 ? if not it gets some deposites on it and the ignition will not fire the plug well. allso run a b8es and jet to that plug