PDA

View Full Version : Battery question???

BOOSTED2V
02-01-2007, 10:22 AM
Can you re-charge your stock battery??? My original went bad and I tried charging it 5 times and nothing... so I bought a new battery and then my dumb a** left my key on. The NEW battery I have now is about 1 month old. Can you re-charge these batteries or no??? I didn't think you could but I figured I'd ask before I waste time charging it or buy a new one. Thanks -chad-

02-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Yeah just push start it and run it for a while and the battory will re-charge on its own.
Or you could charge it.
Both ways work.

450ERRRRRR!
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Go to wal mart and get you a trickle charger. It should do the trick. If you ran it down to nothing it might not take a charge. Only way to find out it charge it. Riding would take some time to reach a full charge. You can get a charger for less than $25.

hornetgod13
02-01-2007, 10:59 AM
You can pull it and put it on a charger. I attached permanent charge leads so I can charge it with out even removing it.

02-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by 450ERRRRRR!
Go to wal mart and get you a trickle charger. It should do the trick. If you ran it down to nothing it might not take a charge. Only way to find out it charge it. Riding would take some time to reach a full charge. You can get a charger for less than $25.

It only takes a couple mins of riding to get a enough juice to start it with button.

BOOSTED2V
02-01-2007, 11:44 AM
I put it on a slow 12v charge for 2hrs and its fully charged and works like a charm again... thanks

What did you use and how did you attatch permanent posts to recharge your battery without removing it from the tray??? This has to be really handy... thanks ahead of time...

02-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by BOOSTED2V
I put it on a slow 12v charge for 2hrs and its fully charged and works like a charm again... thanks

What did you use and how did you attatch permanent posts to recharge your battery without removing it from the tray??? This has to be really handy... thanks ahead of time...

I was going to do that.

Just hook up a whire to the - and + and bring both whires down the frame were you can reach them then you could charge it with out removing it.

BOOSTED2V
02-01-2007, 12:48 PM
Sounds easy enough... thanks

hornetgod13
02-01-2007, 12:58 PM
My trickle charger came with the red and black colored wires with terminals on one end and a quick disconnect on the other to plug the charger in.