PDA

View Full Version : help wth belly skid...

roundsy
02-01-2007, 09:05 AM
i'm just about to install my pro armor belly skid and was wondering where guys have been placing the 4 rubber pieces to eliminate vibrating? also i read a few guys were drilling out a hole for the tranny oil to leak out of when doing oil changes ...does any one have a pic of where they have placed the drilled hole?

thanks

Ty's400
02-01-2007, 09:21 AM
What I did was put the rubber pieces equally spaced on the back. Then I use weather stripping from any local hardware store and place a long strip along the sides where the frame touches the skidplate. I'm not sure about the tranny hole, but it sounds like a good idea.

speedfreaksguy
02-01-2007, 09:33 AM
I drilled a hole to drain my trans oil. What a pita to take the skid plate off everytime you change your oil. Mount the skidplate first to see how it lines up with the trans drain plug. I marked a spot directly under the drain bolt. Then remove the skidplate and use a hole saw to drill the drain. I used the same size hole that was in the skidplate for the motor oil drain so it looks like it was always there.

lumi
02-01-2007, 09:43 AM
i put it on the back wher it ends on the fram and on the two side on on the top... awesome...

-lumi

damian600
02-01-2007, 10:05 AM
Damn, I wish I would have drilled a hole for the tranny fluid drain. I forgot what a pita it was the last time I changed the tranny fluid. I just had my skid off, putting the weather stripping on. It stopped all the vibrations.

TarheelRedRider
02-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Yeah the vibration will drive you nuts.

450ERRRRRR!
02-01-2007, 11:07 AM
ON my Pro armor I put them along the sides between the frame and skid near those buckles that you can see in this picture and one near the front. I didnt drill a hole I just stick a plastic bag up under the hole and it drains out without a mess.

450R_lover
02-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Here ya go men... this is a post i did a good while ago on the weather stripping deal. And i must say, it worked out great!

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=229049

roundsy
02-02-2007, 09:04 AM
thanks for the help everyone, i'm gonna get some weather stripping today after i drill a hole out for my tranny oil