PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a quad???

firefighterjosh
01-31-2007, 10:33 PM
If I were to ship my banshee how the heck do I do it? I don't really want to but if it comes to it I will. I was trying to get quotes on fed ex and stuff and it keeps coming up with some 3k quote. No way it is that much. I am just looking for some ideas and how the heck to get a quote!?!

Thanks!

Kickstarts-suck
01-31-2007, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
If I were to ship my banshee how the heck do I do it? I don't really want to but if it comes to it I will. I was trying to get quotes on fed ex and stuff and it keeps coming up with some 3k quote. No way it is that much. I am just looking for some ideas and how the heck to get a quote!?!

Thanks!

search yahoo for "atv shipping" ;)

firefighterjosh
01-31-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
search yahoo for "atv shipping" ;)

I have searched google and found some good prices and stuff, But I want some more opionion and companies to use. Some of these companies seem shady lol

jrspawn
01-31-2007, 11:32 PM
I ship alot of quads, and the Best shipper i have found is motorcycleshippers.com They go through North American Vanlines. No crating at all is needed, and fluids can be left in the quad also. They might not be the cheapest, but they are relatively fast, safe, and conveinent. They come to pick the quad up, go over it with the shipper noting Every scratch, mark and flaw. Then they load up and head out, when it reaches its destination they go over it with the buyer and its done! No need to crate,drop off, or pick up. Shipping normally ranges 600 give or take depending on where its going.

Justin

firefighterjosh
01-31-2007, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the info. I accually work in the same building as North American lol. But they deal with shipping house products. BUt I like the idea of not having to package the quad or anything.

quads14589
02-01-2007, 03:50 AM
it costed my friend like 800 bucks or 600 bucks to get his 660 raptor shipped from cali to ct.

Hornbreaker
02-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Try DASautoshippers.com They have shipped many a car and some atv's for me. They ranged from $300 to $876 for me any where from Caif. to New York.

smr
02-01-2007, 01:22 PM
The cheapest way is to build you a crate that it will set in. Then call the frieght companies and get prices on where you are going. Old Damian, Yellow...people like that, call around and get the cheapest price. You don't even have to tell them it's a quad...just the size and weight. (make sure you insure your frieght) I shipped a quad from Calli to Ky for under $200.00 and that included the wood I had in the crate I built. It's much easier to do than people think.

416exmx
02-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I use freightquote.com. They are kinda like a broker and you give them all the info and they get you a list of shippers from cheapest to most expensive. I find using them alot easier than dealing with the shipping company directly. Most of the companies that have the crates that you just load your quad in are too narrow to fit a MX quad in. If I remember I think most of them were only 45-46" wide. If your banshee was stock width it would fit though. We are getting ready to ship a YFZ to TX and will use freightquote again.

Mean250r
02-02-2007, 05:58 AM
chekc out ID transport. i shipped out my 250r with them. door to door shipping on a HUge trailer. no krates or any of the bull. All for 500 bucks. sure wad a sweet deal and great service.

Mean250r
02-02-2007, 05:59 AM
had a ***** load of bikes in there