PDA

View Full Version : My new car

2001300exguy
01-31-2007, 09:47 PM
WEll after selling the 400ex ive been looking for a new car. Came across a 1996 Mustang Cobra. It does have 137,000 miles but teh engine was rebuilt 2,500 ago. well any way here are some pics the night i got it(yesterday). Ill try and get some more soon
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/400exr/IMG_5506.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/400exr/IMG_5509.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/400exr/IMG_5508.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/400exr/IMG_5511.jpg

Kickstarts-suck
01-31-2007, 09:49 PM
lucky!

how come the rear bumper doesn't say cobra?:ermm:

y3llow400ex
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM
lets see a pic of the motor. it should be a 4v. if not its a cobra clone

Kickstarts-suck
01-31-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by y3llow400ex
lets see a pic of the motor. it should be a 4v. if not its a cobra clone

yea i spot a fake! :p

i could be wrong though

the rear bumper is a v6 bumper

2001300exguy
01-31-2007, 09:59 PM
trust me its cobra i know my cars, checked the vin also. The guy shaved teh emblems and put that bumper on it to give it more of a sleeper look. it was originaly white and teh engine bay is pretty dirty. I dont have a pic of it yet.

y3llow400ex
01-31-2007, 10:00 PM
well the hood is aftermarket so that could go either way, but the back bumper is a v6 car bumper

2001300exguy
01-31-2007, 10:01 PM
yeah i like the hood on it so that doesnt bother me. The motor is a 4v with the svt sticker and builder names plus i have all of the svt paper work form the original owner

Titanium
01-31-2007, 10:05 PM
MUSTANG MADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

idro
02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
you don't debadge a cobra... :ermm:

trick450r
02-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by idro
you don't debadge a cobra... :ermm:

amen

Tater049
02-01-2007, 06:38 PM
Nice car but why wouldnt you put all of the badges and bumpers on it. If i had an svt cobra, i would really want to show it off. But, I got a Chevy Camaro SS. Right now it would dust a SVT. Just sayin, but seriously dude, you should find some bumpers and emblems and put them back on. It would look so much hotter.

2001300exguy
02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
yeah ill get it there, rigth now im working on getting performance where i want it. x pipe, gears, intake, then tint, suspension. then ill fix what isnt broke, badges, bumper and such

trick450r
02-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Tater049
Nice car but why wouldnt you put all of the badges and bumpers on it. If i had an svt cobra, i would really want to show it off. But, I got a Chevy Camaro SS. Right now it would dust a SVT. Just sayin, but seriously dude, you should find some bumpers and emblems and put them back on. It would look so much hotter.

why are you such a god damn punk...stop talking about your car, NO BODY CARES

honduh440
02-01-2007, 06:57 PM
took the rear bumper off to be a "sleeper" but left on the front bumper that is just as obvious put on cobra r rims that are not stock a aftermarket hood and hood pins

i dont doubt that its a cobra but he probably backed into a tree and couldnt find a cobra bumper

HB416EX
02-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Whoever did that work ruined that car:ermm:

Zeppelin03
02-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Im diggin the color...Cant wait until i can save enough money for one...hopefully this summer. Just curios but what did you pay for yours?

idro
02-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Got any time slips on your car, or is it just a dyno queen? :)

EDIT: I just looked at your mod list...

My Car> 2002 Chevy Camaro SS
Pushin' 700 HP, Volant Cold Ari Intake, BBK Intake Manifold, Granatelli Mass Air Flow Sensor, Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel Kit, NOS Wet Nitrous System, BBK Headers, Borla Exhaust System, Jet Chips, Full Granatelli Fuel System, Vortech Supercharger w/ Aftercooler, Nitto Peformance Street Tires, Baer Performance Brakes, Hotchkis Suspension Kit, Steeda Fuel Injectors, Black Sparco Seats, and much more.
^ If you live in my area, you can try and race me, but I guarantee you will get smoked. Sorry, but you will!

Lets look at this for a second, You have a vortech super charger with a cold air intake? Hmmmm.... I would like to see a picture of how that works. You have this vortech supercharger, with a 'NOS" wet system. True enough I have heard of people using Nitrous to act as a intercooler to help prevent overheating but we won't go into that. And my all time favorite is the Steeda Fuel injectors.

www.steeda.com

The heading of the page says, performance suspension, engine and syling for your Ford Mustang.

Not your 2002 Camaro SS.

And all of this supercharger and nitrous system is tuned by a jet chip? hmmm Mail order chips are great ways to tune your ride.

Sorry, you're getting called out. I call BS. ;)

Mean250r
02-02-2007, 05:51 AM
every one stop talk **** bout his car. and guy with the camaro stfu. ur car is supposedly pushin 700 HP. obviously its gunna beat a ****in cobra.

Nice car man. Im prob gunna get a 03 Saleen S281 mustang in a couple months.

EDIT: you just got owned my idro haha

400exrider707
02-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Doesn't look like a cobra to me. Why all the pics and no under hood pics? Aftermarket cobra wheels, not even the OEM ford cobra wheels. V6 bumper...the seats on the insde look like standard seats...aren't they supposed to have "cobra" stitched in? Nice color though, I like that a lot.

trick450r
02-02-2007, 11:31 AM

Pushin' 700 HP, Volant Cold Ari Intake, BBK Intake Manifold, Granatelli Mass Air Flow Sensor, Centerforce Clutch and Flywheel Kit, NOS Wet Nitrous System, BBK Headers, Borla Exhaust System, Jet Chips, Full Granatelli Fuel System, Vortech Supercharger w/ Aftercooler, Nitto Peformance Street Tires, Baer Performance Brakes, Hotchkis Suspension Kit, Steeda Fuel Injectors, Black Sparco Seats, and much more.
^ If you live in my area, you can try and race me, but I guarantee you will get smoked. Sorry, but you will!

Lets look at this for a second, You have a vortech super charger with a cold air intake? Hmmmm.... I would like to see a picture of how that works. You have this vortech supercharger, with a 'NOS" wet system. True enough I have heard of people using Nitrous to act as a intercooler to help prevent overheating but we won't go into that. And my all time favorite is the Steeda Fuel injectors.

www.steeda.com

The heading of the page says, performance suspension, engine and syling for your Ford Mustang.

Not your 2002 Camaro SS.

And all of this supercharger and nitrous system is tuned by a jet chip? hmmm Mail order chips are great ways to tune your ride.

Sorry, you're getting called out. I call BS. ;)

not to mention being the youngest "senior in highschool" i've EVER heard of

Kickstarts-suck
02-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
not to mention being the youngest "senior in highschool" i've EVER heard of

lol i saw that too WTF :huh

those under hood pics coming?

idro
02-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
lol i saw that too WTF :huh

those under hood pics coming?

He's gotta get outa school first and grab a snack then he'll post them up, I'm sure.

Tater049
02-02-2007, 12:52 PM

www.steeda.com

Not your 2002 Camaro SS.

Sorry, you're getting called out. I call BS. ;) ok im sorry for not updating my sig. About the steeda fuel injectors, we actually got them to fit the camaro. So, i will update my sig. I dont have many pics of the car right now. I had the intake before the supercharger. Got the supercharger about 1 month ago. Everyone needs to chill out, and ill post pics of my cars engine, and the dyno sheets.

idro
02-02-2007, 12:57 PM
ok im sorry for not updating my sig. About the steeda fuel injectors, we actually got them to fit the camaro. So, i will update my sig. I dont have many pics of the car right now. I had the intake before the supercharger. Got the supercharger about 1 month ago. Everyone needs to chill out, and ill post pics of my cars engine, and the dyno sheets.

And 700HP on stock internals and drivetrain right?

Tater049
02-02-2007, 01:00 PM
not everything is on my sig, jesus christ. It would look so stupid if there was all the mods on my sig.

idro
02-02-2007, 01:03 PM
not everything is on my sig, jesus christ. It would look so stupid if there was all the mods on my sig.

lol ok, pics and timeslips to come, right? :cool:

I wanna see how you got this beast with a vortech supercharger and nitrous to work.

30liveStar
02-02-2007, 01:04 PM
700HP is complete B.S. and even if you COULD make your car pull those numbers (highly doubt it) you arent running like that around town all day... I noticed your sig a while back, but i dont neccesarily want to "call anyone out" - :o Id also love to know why a parent would give their child a 700hp car (cuzz i know as a senior in highschool, you didnt pay for all that stuff). Kinda silly if you ask me, your starting to sound like the yzf 426 swap kid to me :huh

Tater049
02-02-2007, 01:10 PM
my parents are a little on the wealthy side. I got the supercharger for christmas, and sparco's and exhaust the year before for christmas. On my birthday's all i ask for is car parts. When i do good in school, my dad agrees to buy we a few things for the car. Other than that, I work over the summers, after schools on mondays and wednesdays, and during some breaks. My dad owns 2 bakery in my town, that are very popular. My parents got the car for me right when i turned 16. It was completley stock, other than a K&N air filter. Its really fun working on the car. Most of the parts, i installed my self, but some i couldnt. Had to take it to ICS.

30liveStar
02-02-2007, 01:15 PM
^ thats cool, but i still believe a 700hp Camaro in hands of a highschool kid as a "daily driver" is far fetched ! ! ! - i want pics and time slips ! :eek2:

Tater049
02-02-2007, 01:23 PM
think what you want

2001300exguy
02-02-2007, 01:25 PM
if you really doubt that is a cobra then i will get pictures. It is acobra and this is the way that i bought it. The seats are out of a 2001 gt, and yes i do have to get out of school to take pics but i dont have time to do it right now cause i have to got to work, ill try and get some when i come back. But the engine bay is not as pretty as the rest of the car

idro
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
possible work warning so imma link it:

http://www.petridish.net/pics/251/respect_the_mullet.jpg

coolex
02-02-2007, 03:30 PM
first off all i love the camaro ss i would love to own one, but i wan tto see some time slips or numbers, or at least a picture of the car and under the hood, second of all around here everyone and there grandmother has a mustang, could be different around u and everyone has camaros idk, ipersonally dont like mustangs (chevy guy) but congragulations on it, its nice, an ddont kill urself in it

HB416EX
02-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by 2001300exguy
if you really doubt that is a cobra then i will get pictures. It is acobra and this is the way that i bought it. The seats are out of a 2001 gt, and yes i do have to get out of school to take pics but i dont have time to do it right now cause i have to got to work, ill try and get some when i come back. But the engine bay is not as pretty as the rest of the car

Just admit it's a V6 with dual exhaust.

Tater049
02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by coolex
first off all i love the camaro ss i would love to own one, but i wan tto see some time slips or numbers, or at least a picture of the car and under the hood, second of all around here everyone and there grandmother has a mustang, could be different around u and everyone has camaros idk, ipersonally dont like mustangs (chevy guy) but congragulations on it, its nice, an ddont kill urself in it a lot of people around here have camaros but only the crappy v6 ones. There is one z28 around here but a grandpa drives it. Im basically the only one in my city that has an ss camaro. And my city is the like the 3rd biggest in connecticut. suprisingly enough. I dont have any time slips at hand, because my car is basically a "dyno queen" as some people like to call it. ill put something up there for you. when i take pics

JJs450r
02-02-2007, 05:34 PM
haha what a goob thats no cobra rolf haha

enduro400rider
02-02-2007, 06:19 PM
looks v6, if its accually a cobra id bet its got a salvage title. no one puts a v6 bumper on a cobra, and takes off the badges. plus it painted..... a differant color, pretty much a dead give away when someone hacks up a rare car. looks decent though, some over spray on the scoop mesh, so i dont know how good the paint accually looks in person. id be a little causous before buying it but its to late for you. alot of times people just throw cars together after they are wreaked and make them look nice, but they usally end up falling apart, i dont know about your car since i have not seen it. you need to get some underhood pics to convince us its a cobra. until then im saying its a wreaked v6 cloaned to a cobra, suprise me and prove me wrong ;)

JJs450r
02-02-2007, 06:21 PM
everyone knows its not a cobra not even a gt haha this guys just a goob or just got ripped off we all know its a v6

2001300exguy
02-02-2007, 06:57 PM
like i said , it isnt the pretiest, but it IS a cobra
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/400exr/IMG_5538.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/400exr/IMG_5537.jpg
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b89/400exr/IMG_5536.jpg

blasterfreak99
02-02-2007, 07:06 PM
looks better underneath the hood than my truck:o

JJs450r
02-02-2007, 07:56 PM
i had a lil much cap n coke

02-02-2007, 08:38 PM
like i said , it isnt the pretiest, but it IS a cobra

damm....all of u that said it wasnt a cobra and you were sure it wasnt a cobra just got POON3D really really bad

nice cobra!

HB416EX
02-02-2007, 08:43 PM
That makes it even worse.I could deal with it being a fake but now that I know someone really did that to a Cobra I am sad.

enduro400rider
02-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
That makes it even worse.I could deal with it being a fake but now that I know someone really did that to a Cobra I am sad.

im with him on this, that car is hacked up. :eek2: who the hell tries to repaint a cobra.... a differant color and doesnt even bother to paint the jams :eek2: ..... im callin a salvage title

bulkdriverlp
02-02-2007, 09:20 PM
the engine is a cobra but man did they have to throw a bunch of junkyard parts together to make one good car? its not a true cobra unless it has the factory parts, jmo

c450Razy
02-02-2007, 09:29 PM
I maybe wrong but iam thinking that it may just be mustang with a cobra engine thrown in it.. in in that case its not a cobra but merley mustang with a transplanted cobra enge.

But none the less, congrats on the new car.

idro
02-02-2007, 11:22 PM
fobra or cobra i don't care. you still got a 4v.

hit me up in pm's i'll help you get started w/ modding it, and give you some pointers.

y3llow400ex
02-03-2007, 12:09 AM
i believe its a cobra. did u get a car fax for the car b4 u bought it? maybe it was rear ended and thats the first bumper they found?

2001300exguy
02-03-2007, 05:21 AM
i did a car fax and nothing came it and it is a cobra. The guy did say that he slid it into a guard rail on the right side and thats why the front fender doesnt line up. But the damn thing is craping out on me the rear end started grinding last night, so start with the ford hater comments

JJs450r
02-03-2007, 05:38 AM
haha sorry about last night haha a bit 2 much soda how much did you pay for it? i had a 95 gt but it had the cobra intake on it sooo theres alot of different ways to make a fake car look real

enduro400rider
02-03-2007, 10:06 AM
i did a car fax and nothing came it and it is a cobra. The guy did say that he slid it into a guard rail on the right side and thats why the front fender doesnt line up. But the damn thing is craping out on me the rear end started grinding last night, so start with the ford hater comments

just as i thought... a wreaked car hacked up to look pretty and now its falling apart... :rolleyes: i had a car like that, id say work it out and get it running good and get rid of it ASAP, you'll end up paying more than what a nice cobra goes for if you try to keep it. you have to ask yourself.. the guy you bought it off of, did he do the work? is he a real mechanic? i wouldnt trust many people to rebuild a high performance motor unless they were a mechanic or they had cars with good street cred to back up there work. it also looks like he probably painted it himself, there is over spray on it, and he didnt paint the jams :rolleyes: by the looks of it... he just wanted to cover up the wreak and get it gone. since ya asked for a ford coment ill throw one out there since im a chevy fan, F***er only rolls downhill. good luck with that thing, sounds like you might have got bent over with it

02-03-2007, 10:41 AM

dude its craping out already? you just got it...get rid of it as soon as you can and go f*ck some other guy. only further problems are gonna come, and its gonna cost big $$$...

sounds like you bought a lemon

2001300exguy
02-03-2007, 03:25 PM
yeah i think that is what im going to do, the door jams were painted and he said that he slid it into a guard rail, he has pictures and its not that bad. ill see what it runs like after i get teh new transmission and rear end in it, im not going to be able to sell it like that anyway. O and i payed 5,650 for it which is low for a cobra, but how much money i hav eto put into it will detremine if it was a deal