PDA

View Full Version : smoking

I-7
01-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Its been almost 5 days now since I quit cold turkey. I have only been smoking for about 4 years so I decided to quit while I was ahead and before it got even harder. I feel great. Its nice being able to breathe again and not wreaking of cigarette smoke. Its not easy but I know I can do it. I just have to avoid some social situations and I think I'll be able to kick the habit. The hardest part was definatley the first day. For those of you that are thinking about quitting, an attitude where "I will finish this pack then I'm done" won't work. I tried that. I think the thing that helped me the most even though it sounds stupid is I threw an almost full pack out of the window. Just helped my confidence a little bit.

Remember you don't need the cigarette.. the cigarette needs you.

kinda like your X girlfriend.

I just thought i'd brag. :macho Wish me luck.

blasterfreak99
01-31-2007, 08:32 PM
good luck with that. my grandmother has enphezyma (sp?) but she has been smoking all of her life so you should be good. like you said its a good thing you quit before it got too bad.

elite ATV1
01-31-2007, 08:39 PM
thats good to hear. good job

i wish my dad would quit he's been smoking for 32 years:(

400exrider707
01-31-2007, 08:41 PM
Good for you man, stay strong

firefighterjosh
01-31-2007, 08:50 PM
I never really smoked alot maybe 1 pack a week when i was younger, then I got into quad racing and pretty much quite. Now its hard not to have one when I am drinking but I have went a long time prally 6 months without 1 at all. But its not hard for me, just hard when i am drunk. I have resorted to cigars:D yummmm Keeps you mind off the ciggs

WhiteYFZ
01-31-2007, 08:55 PM
my mom is like 44 and shees been smoking since she was in her teens.. i wish i can get her to quit.. it pisses me off man.. ive tried cigs, and there just discusting... theres no point of them what so ever.:mad: :mad:

csimp3
01-31-2007, 09:35 PM
i wa sup to like 2 1/2 packs a day, and i quit cold turkey, as long as you are ready to quit in your mind, you can do it, 5 days is a damn good start, after you get to the 2 week mark it gets alot easier, then after that its a month and before you know it, you wont even be thinkin about it at all

crazedape
02-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I smoked for like 6 years and quit. The downside is I started dipping in the process.

Rip_Tear
02-01-2007, 10:35 AM
Good luck! If you find you are having troubles sometimes you should get sometihng (food or something) to keep your mind off it, a video game, toy, puzzle or something might work. I found the hardest part was the boredom or time missing to start off.

02-01-2007, 10:44 AM
my mom smoked for 15 years or so and then quit cold turkey and hasnt smoked in about 10 or 12 years now...just try not to think about it and youll do fine....its all about willpower

Villageidiott23
02-01-2007, 10:46 AM
thats my problem i quit smoking back in 02 and picked up dip. what gives. i go thru a can aday. i need to break this habit.

trick450r
02-01-2007, 10:59 AM
my dad smoked for about 36 years...had a heart attack on his way to work one day and since that morning he hasnt touched them, 6-7 months now...gotta find something to motivate you, family, friends, realisations

Dan_Guetter
02-01-2007, 11:11 AM
Ive smoked for 7 years....

I'm on my 5th month being a non smoker. Ive used the gum method....and it works!

NacsMXer
02-01-2007, 12:34 PM
I don't understand why people even start in the first place :ermm:

Mxjunkie
02-01-2007, 07:47 PM
My boss has been smoking 1-2 packs a day since he was 18 or 19 and hes 50 now and still smokes 1-2 packs a day, Sad part is after a race everyones out of breath and hes in the trailer smoking a cigg haha.. Probaly the time he hits 65-70 he'll be pushing a oxygen tank around

Some people after they smoke they smell like an ash tray, they dont seem to notice and you kinda feel bad when you kinda keep your distance when you talk to them, My mom smoked in the house and such and I didnt like getting near her cause of the smell lol.. :o

WhiteZrider
02-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Theres this pill out someone in my family uses, she smoked 3 packs a day for about 30 years and quit after about 1-2 weeks. You can smoke while taking this pill, but after awhile your just sick of them and quit. Its kinda wierd :eek2:

trick250r
02-02-2007, 08:25 AM
a lot of my friends smoke, my parents smoke... as much as i preach to them about quitting, i could never start.

DeerNuts
02-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm surprised JoeEx hasn't put up some pics of his salmon yet!

i'm kinda on the fence w/ smoking i guess you could say. i always grab a pack on fridays cuz im in state college drinkin a lot and well, i just gotta smoke when i drink! but during the week ill just kinda finish up whatever is left from the weekend (usually not much). so i'd say like a pack or 2 per week. i only crave occasionally... usually rite after dinner or before bed. but i just study and ignore it and the cravings go away for the most part.

I-7
02-06-2007, 11:22 AM
Going on 11 days now. Cravings got pretty bad this past weekend because I was out with friends who all smoked but I fought it and I am still on track!

It feels good.

NacsMXer
02-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by I-7
Going on 11 days now. Cravings got pretty bad this past weekend because I was out with friends who all smoked but I fought it and I am still on track!

It feels good.

Good for you. I guess the first week is the worst and you seem to be well past that by now. Things can only get better for you from here...keep it up! :)

02-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by I-7
Its been almost 5 days now since I quit cold turkey.
I just thought i'd brag. :macho Wish me luck.

That's awesome, bro.

Good for you.

:)

quader400
02-06-2007, 12:00 PM
i quit for 3 weeks and started up again. i was up to a pack a day been smoking for 2 years+. i just quit again and its now been 4 days and i dont even want one.