PDA

View Full Version : how to please helpl please

416 racer
01-31-2007, 08:15 PM
yah i need help on how to preload ur suspension i know it sounds stupid i just got a yfz450 and im a big guy been ridden for 6 yeasr now im really getting in to jumping but how do u preload ur suspension on a jump thanks need advice please

JMM-YFZ450-OK
02-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Try this article:

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=192286

PJB
02-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Instead of keeping a faster constant speed to and
up the jump, go a little slower going to the jump
and then gas it starting at the bottom of the jump
all the way up. it pops u up there more.

maticus
03-10-2007, 01:24 PM
the best way i know how to pre load is to push down on the pegs and handle bars at the same time as your going up the face of the jump. it will probably take awhile to get the timing down. i usually only use it to get me over little stuff.

DOHC
03-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Like said above i only use preload on small jumps/ rythm sections. When i hit 40ft jumps and bigger i just pin it

CannondaleRider
03-16-2007, 04:18 PM
To preload, you basically are trying to force your pegs to hit the ground on the face of the jump, although you won't, thats the idea.

As your coming up to the jump, and your knees are bent, you need to start forcing the pegs to the ground, you need to time it right, where the bike is around the lowest point from your push, when you leave the face. If you push, and the bike rebounds back up before your off the face, you've accomplished nothing.