PDA

View Full Version : duals on a 400ex

Jnblaster05
01-31-2007, 06:38 PM
so i was curious if anyone knew someone or possible have them i want to buy the dual exhaust for the 400ex but the 700 price tag is holding me up wanted to know if anyone knew about them or just any info would be splendid

WhtPrd09
01-31-2007, 06:48 PM
theres a site idk what it is...just search for loony tuned exhaust. but i heard that a full hmf is ALOT better then duals.

j450rking
01-31-2007, 10:05 PM
plus thay are extra weight

haggard fab
01-31-2007, 10:24 PM
i have a duncann <sp> exhaust on my 400.. its dual pipes all the way to the muffler with a dual outlet muffler

Jnblaster05
01-31-2007, 10:36 PM
what kind and how well dos it work how much was it

eganracing
01-31-2007, 10:57 PM
some guy on here put two banshee silencers on his 400. he claimed it worked out well.

miller821
01-31-2007, 10:57 PM
I would PM JOEX because I know he was dual exhausts on his 400. I think he might have LTE but i'm not sure.

Kaleigh
02-01-2007, 12:53 AM
www.lteracing.com

Jnblaster05
02-01-2007, 01:30 AM
those are the ones i want i just wanna know if anyones heard or ridden them before are the worth the price tag

Old Head
02-01-2007, 03:06 AM
I heard duals aren't worth it except for looks, no extra power and the added weight.

interceptorz28
02-01-2007, 08:12 AM
For the price, I would say No Way. You could get a great exhaust for sooo much cheaper and spend the rest tricking out yor quad. I got a white brothers full system for 225.

Rip_Tear
02-01-2007, 09:54 AM
DMC makes a duel header to a single exhuast with duel outlets. There is a possibility of the gain of power with less noise with duel exhuast. So for those looking for a lower Db and the extra power. I can't see how unless the exhuasts are really restricting at the end that there would be No improvement...

CstMCgR
02-04-2007, 10:02 AM
There is a company called Looney Tuned Exhaust

They are duals and hers the link to the site

LTE Exhaust (http://www.lteracing.com/allmodelspics/honda/honda.shtml)

400exridin121
02-04-2007, 01:15 PM
yea just save that money and get an hmf, or a sparks they are way better and u will have some money left to trick it out

400exstud
02-04-2007, 07:02 PM
You've already got a T-4 so why would you want to drop more money in to an exhaust. For $500 you could bore it out, get new cam, and some other goodies and you would still be well under the price of duals. With the mods that I mentioned you would have a smoking fast bike, and with the duals you wouldn't be able to even tell a difference in power.

norcalatver
02-04-2007, 07:17 PM
I have the duals on my 505EX. I have the LTE exhaust. I had a full CT Racing pipe but changed because I ride in the Oregon Dunes and sound is a big issue. To be honest, the Ct single out performed at low end but the duals out perform at high end. I had much more torque in the low end before with the Ct. So, if you ride mid to full throttle mostly, the LTE would be better in my experience, or if you're looking for performance with db's at 93 or less. I miss the low end because my engine is a stroker motor designed for low end torque.

Chin_Chilla
02-11-2007, 11:55 AM
I got a pretty sweet deal on these from JOEX. They were in alright condition but I just polished the cans to give a sweeter look. I had a Yoshi, WB R4, and FMF Megamax2 with Powerbomb, and these deff. feel more torque off the bottom than the Yoshi, they pull really hard on mid range, and rev out just awesome. People on here claim that these are just looks and so forth, but Im convinced otherwise. Yoshi is prob. one of the best pipes for bottom - mid range, but these LTE's just put it to shame. As for top end, these rev out better than all the others ive tried. I think most people just criticize because of the added wieght, PRICE obviously, and the list goes on...

All exhausts only differ from each other maybe 1-2 horses, but thats probably exaggerating.

Anyway, here's a pic.

norcalatver
02-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Chin_Chilla
I got a pretty sweet deal on these from JOEX. They were in alright condition but I just polished the cans to give a sweeter look. I had a Yoshi, WB R4, and FMF Megamax2 with Powerbomb, and these deff. feel more torque off the bottom than the Yoshi, they pull really hard on mid range, and rev out just awesome. People on here claim that these are just looks and so forth, but Im convinced otherwise. Yoshi is prob. one of the best pipes for bottom - mid range, but these LTE's just put it to shame. As for top end, these rev out better than all the others ive tried. I think most people just criticize because of the added wieght, PRICE obviously, and the list goes on...

All exhausts only differ from each other maybe 1-2 horses, but thats probably exaggerating.

Anyway, here's a pic.

Are you running the quiet cores? I'd bet you're not. I have the exact same exhaust and without quiet cores the power difference is incredible, but where I like to ride noise is an issue and I have to run the quiet cores. They take away alot of the bottom end.

Chin_Chilla
02-11-2007, 12:50 PM
I have the quiet core , just not installed. But yea, just like you said, the power difference really is incredible. I will NEVER go back to single pipe again....:devil:

Jnblaster05
02-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Those are just awesome i want some real bad

JOEX
02-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Lookin' good Chin_Chilla, glad you're happy with them. If I had more time to ride and fine tune them I would have kept them.

How'd the install go for you?

atvRiDa400ex
02-11-2007, 10:22 PM
wow if i had the MuLaH i would def. buy me a set of those....

well i guess i can get a job:blah:

procircuit406ex
02-12-2007, 07:37 AM
get Procircuit or LRD :cool:

Chin_Chilla
02-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
Lookin' good Chin_Chilla, glad you're happy with them. If I had more time to ride and fine tune them I would have kept them.

How'd the install go for you? The install was pretty straight forward and simple, but I did have trouble grounding the battery, as you read my other thread...lol

I couldn't be more happy, I just can't thank you enough JOEX.

:D

Chin_Chilla
02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by procircuit406ex
get Procircuit or LRD :cool: I would choose LTE before Pro Circuit or LRD ANYDAY! :p

crazyquader
02-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Chin_Chilla

Anyway, here's a pic.

SICK!!!! i would love to put a double pipe on mine, but here in portugal they go for like 700€, like 1000us. :(

looking good that bike.

Chin_Chilla
02-12-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by crazyquader
SICK!!!! i would love to put a double pipe on mine, but here in portugal they go for like 700€, like 1000us. :(

looking good that bike. $1000, that is crazy!

Welcome to the site BTW, very good things here!

BigFish
02-12-2007, 07:29 PM
why add the weight?:ermm:

400eXr1d3rZ
02-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
why add the weight?:ermm:

If the 1-2 or even 3 HP increase over other pipes are true, it won't really matter about the extra weight:p

BigFish
02-12-2007, 07:38 PM
that's B/S

Those pipes are just for looks. The R&D is slim to none.

JOEX
02-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by BigFish
that's B/S

Those pipes are just for looks. The R&D is slim to none.
Do you have facts to back that up?

SandNut777
02-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi guy

Doesnt it kinda work like a car exhaust the presure equals out in the mixer or cross pipe to get the proper back presure. Not really sure so give me feadback if im wrong.

JOEX
02-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by SandNut777
Hi guy

Doesnt it kinda work like a car exhaust the presure equals out in the mixer or cross pipe to get the proper back presure. Not really sure so give me feadback if im wrong.
There isn't a cross pipe on these and I don't think comparing exhaust on a multi cylinder motor to a single cylinder motor is very accurate.

Chin_Chilla
02-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Thanks JOEX, I was fixing to quote them but you did it for me:p

Chin_Chilla
02-13-2007, 07:43 AM
double post...:ermm:

TYayo420
05-18-2007, 06:02 AM
sorry to bring back a old post, im new to this forum and been wanting to add a dual pipe set up, but home made with 2 WB r4's or 2 HMF's, just wondering how noticeable the gains are, and how much louder it is? i don't mind if it makes it alot louder cuz where i ride noise is no issue with no houses near, and when i will be near ppl i will throw my single fmf pipe back on, and plus we have a loudest atv competition out here! i wanna get 2 of the loudest pipes for the dual look and sound and gains.

atvRiDa400ex
05-18-2007, 01:50 PM
if you want loud between those two i would say HMF, im not sure what the gains, if any more than on pipe, would be.