PDA

View Full Version : S-10 Sonoma ZR2 any good?

enduro400rider
01-31-2007, 06:25 PM
im looking into getting a truck soon, i have narrowed it down to either a Sonoma or S10 both will have the ZR2 package. the truck will be a daily driver, and something a can haul the quad around with. it will probably have 100K or less on it. anyone hear have one or ever drove one? how did you like it? any problems with it? I pretty much have my mind set on this truck, im not interested in a full size truck or any other kind of truck, i have been looking into ZR2s for a while now and its the only smaller truck i want. so let me know what all your opinons are on this truck.

csimp3
01-31-2007, 06:41 PM
yeah they are good trucks, just make sure you get the 4.3 liter engine, my ltr fits in a regular bed s-10, but i used to have a stepside and my 400ex wouldnt fit into it, so you would have to get a regular bed, also they have their weakspots, but seem pretty minimal, but the levers on the side of the seats break off VERY easily, and the hinge pins in the door are weak, but when you go to check one out, just make sure the doors open and close smoothly and they should be fine

enduro400rider
01-31-2007, 06:46 PM
i figure my 300 should fit no problem, its tight on our ranger... ford pos. i guess the s-10 is wider because its got plenty of room in my grampas s10 and his is the short bed. all ZR2s have a 4.3 too, i remember hearing about door problems, ill have to check that out when i go to look at one tommarow.

01-31-2007, 06:48 PM
i had a 99 zr2 for a while then sold it to get my yfz...it had 96,000 miles on it but u would have never known by how smooth it drove...we baught it hit in the front end then put a new front end on it and almost double what we payed for it..also when u do get one, spend $40 to get clear turn signal (marker) lights...makes it look way better than the stock orange ones haha

400ex28
01-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by enduro400rider
i figure my 300 should fit no problem, its tight on our ranger... ford pos. i guess the s-10 is wider because its got plenty of room in my grampas s10 and his is the short bed. all ZR2s have a 4.3 too, i remember hearing about door problems, ill have to check that out when i go to look at one tommarow.

my 416ex is 50" wide and it fits in my ranger so i don't know what your talking about.