PDA

View Full Version : anybody live near KC?

trx400EXtreme
01-31-2007, 03:18 PM
i was just wantin to know if anybody lives near kc and knows any good places to ride.

bwamos
02-01-2007, 08:02 AM
I live in Blue Springs.

Not really anywhere "close" to ride legally, unfortunatly.

I generally ride at one of 4 areas.

Deepwater just south of Clinton, MO.
Fingers Lake State Park just north of Columbia, MO
Chadwick SE of Springfield
Little Sahara just south of Wynoka, OK.

There's some other areas on the KS side.. but I've never ventured to any of those areas.

If you ever have the chance, hit up Chadwick. It's one of the best maintained areas I've ever ridden.

PismoLocal
02-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Wow that sucks I'm planning on moving to KC KS in 9 months.

bwamos
02-01-2007, 11:15 AM
It's not as bad as it sounds. ;) You just have to load up and make a 2hr drive.

I agree though, I wish there were some closer areas. They were working on an area up north near the airport for us, but it got nix'd. Now it's jsut pedestrians, equestrieans, mountian bikes, and motorcycles. No ATV's alowed. (Which is ironic, because it was a local ATV & OHV club that got the process started. :rolleyes: )

TRX_450
02-01-2007, 03:50 PM
im 2 hrs from KC....i got plenty of places to ride...were planning a big ride this spring but even before it if anybody wants to hook up and ride im game....ill be 16 in march so after that im good to go wherever u guys want

trx400EXtreme
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM
thanx for the help. o btw diddnt they close down part of deepwater? last time i went there was a couple years ago and since then ive heard that they clase some parts down.

bwamos
02-02-2007, 07:07 AM
Probably talking abou the part that everyone "thinks" is deepwater, but is actually private property. You'd think the run-over barbed wire fence w/ the no trespassing sign would have been an indicator.

I didn't go down there last summer, so I'm not sure.

Sometimes sections are flooded from heavy rains. If it rains hard enough, the only think left above water are the parking lots.. lol.

The will shut down areas.. it's an old strip mine. Once an area takes too much traffic damage they will close it for a while in order for it to recuperate.

bwamos
02-02-2007, 07:44 AM
Tust talked to a couple buddies. Sounds like the closed off the West side. Not a big deal.. that was a much smaller area. I always did 90% of my riding on the eastern half with all the trails.

The western side was the "mx course" if you could call it that.. lol. and the beach area. It was the dust bowl.

If you want a decent MX track you need to hit up Finger Lakes anyway. ;)

hon400ex
02-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Perry lake is about the closest. It isn't very big and gets a lot of pressure, but at least its a place to go. Its fun a couple times a year. I live in K.C., up north, and I can be there in 50 minutes.

trx400EXtreme
02-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
Tust talked to a couple buddies. Sounds like the closed off the West side. Not a big deal.. that was a much smaller area. I always did 90% of my riding on the eastern half with all the trails.

The western side was the "mx course" if you could call it that.. lol. and the beach area. It was the dust bowl.

If you want a decent MX track you need to hit up Finger Lakes anyway. ;)

ya i remember riden on the so called mx track a while back and it does get really dusty. but anyway, thanx for the input everybody.

HB416EX
02-02-2007, 01:31 PM
I live near K.C. Armstronghttp://howardshrine.net/images/kcarmstrong%5B1%5D.jpg