PDA

View Full Version : U-park it

orca0294
01-31-2007, 03:13 PM
Anyone ever seen what this guy came up with and is supposely starting to come out with in the next few months for actual use. A kid in my school is having his dad invest a lot of $ into this company. It seems to me it has a great future.

U-parkit.com

check out this video -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIg0sCHRE8o

NacsMXer
01-31-2007, 03:28 PM
I saw this on the news in action a couple weeks ago...too cool. They say it is impossible for your car to get damaged since it is the platform itself that moves not the car. Very innovative idea :cool:

Scro
01-31-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
I saw this on the news in action a couple weeks ago...too cool. They say it is impossible for your car to get damaged since it is the platform itself that moves not the car. Very innovative idea :cool:

So, what if the computer malfunctions and a car gets rolled off the top shelf? lol

hardkoratvmxr
01-31-2007, 03:41 PM
that is pretty cool. I dont know how my F350 powerstroke 4 door longbed would do in that but o well i guess it will sit outside. really cool idea and someone just made themselves a billionaire if it catches on which it more than likely will

NacsMXer
01-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Scro
So, what if the computer malfunctions and a car gets rolled off the top shelf? lol

There's always "what if 's" , but i'm sure their insurance will deal with that when it happens :p Time will tell...

Ralph
01-31-2007, 04:40 PM
Its the future and will seem normal in just a few years.

firefighterjosh
01-31-2007, 07:46 PM
LOL I see some problems with this. But I guess everything has bugs. I just hope it isn't my car the computer decides to throw off the shelf:scary:

blasterfreak99
01-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by NacsMXer
There's always "what if 's" , but i'm sure their insurance will deal with that when it happens :p Time will tell...

note he said ''when'' and not ''if'':D

Aceman
01-31-2007, 08:56 PM
I wonder if there is a catch pan below each car. I wouldn't want my car under the one that's leaking coolant/oil. Great idea though, somebody's going to be rich!

Titanium
01-31-2007, 10:16 PM
They have something similar to this in the movie Fast and Furious 3. its in the scene where lil bow wow is gettin his car out of storage and it shuffles through the cars like a farris wheel.