PDA

View Full Version : hmf pipe jetting suggestions.

450raider
01-31-2007, 03:03 PM
i just got a black, eliptical, sport series hmf s/o:D :D , and was wondering how some of you all jet, so far as it is now ive got the pipe, 185main, hrc needle and cut airbox lid.

thanks

ps
im going to get something to quiet it down but on the hmf site the have a "quiet core" and a "spark arrestor" so whats the difference?

czrider263
01-31-2007, 03:27 PM
I say dyno jet it so you can get perfect hp and get hp numbers.

ghott
01-31-2007, 03:28 PM
What year is your 450R? If its an 04' or an 05'....you should be very close with that 185 main...and I'd recommend the HRC Needle on the 3rd clip. You may also need to adjust your A/F screw a bit if you hear popping on decel.

A quiet core is an insert for the silencer to actually quiet the sound output of the pipe down by many decibals....these usually come incorporated with a spark arrestor.

Just a plain spark arrestor is a small insert for the tip of the silencer so that any spark/back fire coming out thru the exhaust is trapped. These make you legal to ride in National Forest trails...and etc. Just a plain spark arrestor will NOT quiet the pipe down significantly.

450raider
01-31-2007, 04:21 PM
alright thanks ghott, it does pop a little on decel (and it is an 04 but i changed my sig to "trx" cause it sounds fancier) and it looks like the core one is what im lookin for.