PDA

View Full Version : What does the FCR carb come with?

oynot400
10-21-2001, 08:32 PM
When my FCR came the other day all that was in the box was the carb. Should it have come with extra jets and a throttle cable? I was under the impression it would. Did any one else get theirs from K&K? It did not even fit right. Any one else have this problem? :confused:

10-21-2001, 11:08 PM
Some people say that I charge to much for the FCR, they say kandk has it cheaper. Well the carbs they sell do not come with a throttle cable but mine do. So 435.00 fro kandk's than another 30.00 for the cable, you just spent 465.00 dollars when you could have got one from me with the cable for 450 (and it would have been the correct carburetor).

So in the future you can take a chance or buy from me a fellow ATV enthusiast that gets the job done right. If you or anyone else has any questions feel free to contact me :D

EX 80
10-22-2001, 05:57 AM
I bought mine from k and k, it does not come with a throttle cable, i modified my stock one. I am not going to pay $30 for a cable. My carb from k and k cam with jets from 160-170 and pilots from 48-52. Mine also fits like a glove in my quad.

oynot400
10-23-2001, 06:07 AM
EX80,
Do you or any one else have any pics of theirs installed? I got my all boxed up and I am going to send it back. :(

EX 80
10-23-2001, 10:19 AM
I don't have any pics right now, but i will try and getmsome for weekend.

oynot400
10-23-2001, 10:32 AM
Thanks, I was looking on the Curtis Sparks web site and the intake into the carb is different from what I got. From what I could tell it is the right one.

86atc250r
10-24-2001, 10:00 AM
Mine came with the air horns, 5 main jets, 3 pilot jets, motion pro cable. Fit perfectly (actually as good or better than stock)...

There is an OEM cable available, it's about $17 from Servicehonda, I run it on my quad. It's better quality than the more expensive Motion Pro cable.

The part number is in the archives of the 400EX e-mail list.

I paid approx $400 for my setup, but it was a "friend of a friend" deal thru a guy that races streetbikes....

oynot400
10-25-2001, 07:54 PM
Well my other FCR showed up today. I can't believe all the stuff that came with it. I got a carb, cables, twist throttle, air horns, an oring, owners manual, and decals. I thought I was getting all of this from K&K, guess not. :(
I sent back the other carb today day along with a carefully worded letter stating how disappointed I was in them. I am not saying that they screwed me, yet. That will all depend on how they handle they return. I will let you know they handle it.
I do want to thank Mity Mo for all his help. Thanks Mity Mo! :D

Mity Mo
10-25-2001, 08:41 PM
Glad I could help. Just wish it would of come about 4 hours sooner. I know you are gonna love the carb. It will be an eye opening experience. RACE ON!!!!

EX 80
10-29-2001, 08:22 PM
oynot400, i don't know if you still wanted a pic of my carb installed. But here it is. Its not the greatest but it shows my fcr on my quad i guess.

oynot400
10-30-2001, 05:56 AM
Thanks EX80, That just helps me prove that they sent me the wrong carb. The one I have now has that same air horn. Do you know what you are running for jets? Right now I am at 210 main, which needs to be larger for my K&N. and 152 or 162 which ever is the largest pilot that came with it.

EX 80
10-30-2001, 10:26 AM
I have a 175 main, 52 pilot in mine. a 210 main doesn't sound right

oynot400
10-30-2001, 01:19 PM
I have been reading the spark plug, it has been completely white until I got to a 210 main with the stock filter. That and the header would get hot until I hit a 200 main. This engine must get some serious air flow!

86atc250r
10-30-2001, 01:25 PM
More a sign of a vacuum leak or low vacuum than high air flow... In reality, jetting has little to do with the amount of air the engine will pump. It's all about vacuum...

Check and make sure your carb boot isn't torn away from the metal intake base. Then make sure the carb's set level.

I'd guess you'll find a torn or separated intake boot, it's a pretty common problem on 400's that have had the carb messed with much.

oynot400
10-31-2001, 10:37 AM
Gabe,
Thanks for the tip. I thought that running that large of a main sounded strange but I was going off what the spark plug was telling me. I will check out that boot, I didn't notice any thing the last time. I might spray it with some WD-40 and see if it will rev up to find a leak. The last thing I need is to suck in dirt. :(
As far as the throttle cable, is that off a Forman? We looked it up on the computer and the end doesn't look right. I looked more like the barrle end for the clutch cable.

86atc250r
10-31-2001, 11:33 AM
Here's the Honda part number:
17910-HM7-000

The FCR requires a barrel at the carb end. The stock thumb throttle requires one on the throttle end.

I've broken my boot during a carb swap, but luckily noticed it before it became a problem....

Recently there was a guy on the 400EX e-mail list that was having main jet troubles (he was having to run a main much larger than the norm), his problem was linked back to a seperated boot as well.

During the discussion, it was brought up that several members had experienced the problem. If I remember correctly the replacement part is very affordable.

oynot400
10-31-2001, 08:55 PM
Gabe,
I just got done looking at the intake boot. I could not find a tear or seperation. I let it sit there and idle while I sprayed it with starting fluid, it never raised an rpm. I jumped up one more jet size, 215, and adjusted the needle. Then I took it for a ride, I am amazed with the power. I was riding at night and noticed the head pipe glowing about an 1 1/2 inch out of the head. I don't know if that the FMF head pipe is made of thinner material? I am going to call FMF tomarrow to try to find out.