PDA

View Full Version : 450r shocks?

Crazy lil punk
01-31-2007, 01:23 PM
does anyone run these? I'm almost postive I can run them up front, but what about the rear? Any one ever use them? and Im running lonestar +2 aarms up front, thanks alot

MossboysRacing
01-31-2007, 04:59 PM
I am currently running 450r shocks on the front, and they bolt up with no problems. Stock 450r shocks might ride too stiff though. I ran a set of 05 450r shocks on stock a-arms and it was way stiff. Since then, i now run 450r shocks that are re-valved, re-sprung triple rate w/ zps, and they handle great. As for the rear, i don't think it will fit because of the linkage differences, and because it has a top or piggyback mounted resivor (sp).
John

Crazy lil punk
01-31-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by MossboysRacing
I am currently running 450r shocks on the front, and they bolt up with no problems. Stock 450r shocks might ride too stiff though. I ran a set of 05 450r shocks on stock a-arms and it was way stiff. Since then, i now run 450r shocks that are re-valved, re-sprung triple rate w/ zps, and they handle great. As for the rear, i don't think it will fit because of the linkage differences, and because it has a top or piggyback mounted resivor (sp).
John

thanks, got any pics? what did you do for a rear shock?

MossboysRacing
01-31-2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah i have a few pic's but i cant get them to ever post on here. I can e-mail them to you if you give an e-mail or if someone else can post them? I run a WORKS Ultracross rear shock for the last 5 years on the rear with no complaints.

WhiteYFZ
02-03-2007, 10:46 AM
yo philly, i think they would work good. get them revalved by C&D pappy says their great

Crazy lil punk
02-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ
yo philly, i think they would work good. get them revalved by C&D pappy says their great

yo, whats up tommy? I won't be getting them revalved, maybee later down the road, I'm sure I have enough weight to make em' work, lol

WhiteYFZ
02-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Crazy lil punk
yo, whats up tommy? I won't be getting them revalved, maybee later down the road, I'm sure I have enough weight to make em' work, lol

lol. so how is the r doin? u gonna sell ur ex?

Crazy lil punk
02-03-2007, 05:55 PM
the r is good, I need a nerfbar bolt and I'm good to go. and no I'm not selling the 400ex, I keep that up the moutains, it's such a sweet bike for tight trails and wheelies.