PDA

View Full Version : new ideas?pappy?

troyleepred719
01-31-2007, 10:43 AM
im sitting here thinking about my quad, and what i can paint, or do to it for no money, until i get the rest of the money for my stuff. anyone have any ideas or cheap tricks that i can do to my wheeler? how about you pappy, i know your the knowlegdeable one around here.... feel free to post, as long as your not calling me and idiot

csimp3
01-31-2007, 10:55 AM
what quad do you have?

troyleepred719
01-31-2007, 11:01 AM
2006 troy lee predator 500

>ac nerfs
>pro armor bumper
> powermadd hangguards
>razrs

Raptor68
01-31-2007, 11:06 AM
I thought you were talkin about some old, worn-out quad. I think the Troy Lee Predators look good from the factory...why would you want to start painting stuff already? Paint will just flake off and look worse than just leaving it alone. If anything, I would just do like hubs, calipers, little things...

csimp3
01-31-2007, 11:08 AM
you can always polish stuff, that you can do yourself, it just takes some time

troyleepred719
01-31-2007, 11:15 AM
i like my wheeler, its powerful, nice looking, but i want to feel like its more unique, i wasnt to do the lil things that no one else would have...im not talking about taking and spray painting my plastics, everything done witll be done proffesional

Pappy
01-31-2007, 11:28 AM
your on the right track, just line out a plan and a color scheme and make it happen. graphics kits, custom seat covers, shock covers, some pc work here and there.

troyleepred719
01-31-2007, 11:36 AM
thanks pappy, anything individual ideas?...

does anyone know where i can get a graphics kit for my predator?....all i can find is these diy ones, or no names, i want some like, skin, or monster energy, or nacs or something, but i cant find any....

thanks again

1fst400
01-31-2007, 11:42 AM
sharpen the foot pegs, it makes a big diffrence. Well it does for me anyways.

And I know this cost $. but new handle bar grips help me alot. Nothing like a nice fresh set of grips.

If you just want to work on it. do some maintance on everything. Take the front end off and lube up all the bushings. And never sieze the bolts. Take the swing arm bolt out and never sieze that to.

insaneracin2003
01-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
your on the right track, just line out a plan and a color scheme and make it happen. graphics kits, custom seat covers, shock covers, some pc work here and there.
hahaha...I think that last part of your quote was a plug pappy....nice!!! If you get any pc work done,I would suggest you send them to Pappy....

troyleepred719
01-31-2007, 03:02 PM
than ks guys. i have the performance i need, i have a yoshi exhaust coming with k n filter, and the jets, i am takign my air box li doff, and putting some tires on. any ideas what the best tires are, i really dont want hleshots or razr, i had both, and they wore. i want something aggressive but cheap. any ideas what to powder coat, or any cheap tricks to make it look a lil better?