PDA

View Full Version : 2004 YFZ470 MX Ready For Sale, Great Condition, $4,500

ThomsonRacing
01-31-2007, 09:37 AM
For Sale is a 2004 YFZ450 that has been bored into a 470. The quad has a ton of extras including over $2,500 in motor expenses and over $3,000 in extras. I need to sell the quad as I'm getting out of racing. This quad was only raced one full season in 2004 and only has a handful of races on it since then (8 or less). The quad is in excellent shape. Email me at ThomsonRacing@aol.com for pictures. The price is $4,500 firm. I really need to sell this quad so I've put it at my bottom dollar. I am willing to ship it, but only via Haul Bikes and at the buyers expense. I'm in Iowa, and it costs about $1,000 to ship it to either coast, so local pickup is preferred.

Ok, so here we go. This quad was built into a 470 after only a few break in hours. The work was done by SORE Racing. The kit includes a High Compression Piston (runs on Turbo Blue race gas, 110 Octane), Hot Cams Intake Cam, Retarded (Stock) Exhaust Cam, Full GYTR Clutch Kit (Billet Clutch Hub, Pressure Plate and Basket) and also Carb mods. Finishing it up is a DOMA Racing full exhaust system (tons of low end torque, slight dent (smaller than a dime) from the brake caliper).

For suspension it has LSR DC-4 Long Travel A-Arms (chrome), and TCS Long Travel Front Shocks (newly rebuilt, 200lb expert). To match it on the rear, there is a LSR Axcaliber Axle (with warranty), TCS Revalved/Resprung Stock shock and a PEP Chain Roller.

For steering and handling, it has a LSR +1 Steering Stem (chrome, very slightly bent), TAG T2 Fat Bars (chrome), a LSR Fat Bar Clamp (billet), Streamline Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines, and a BRAKING Rear brake rotor.

Other extras include a Pro Design Tether Kill Switch, a custom battery box from Frees Racing which holds a Honda CBR600 10 Amp battery instead of the weak 6 amp battery from Yamaha, AC Racing Pro Peg Nerf Bars, a Baldwin Motorsports Gripper Seat Cover (small tear), a fully gusseted and powdercoated frame (slight crack on rear fender mount, very minor, see picture, slight twist in subframe, again very minor, see picture of rear end), and very new stock white plastic (minor scratches from boot rubs, looks great though).

Additionaly there is a full jet kit with some other misc. parts. A slightly used piston, extra plastic (minus front fender), extra gaskets, owners manual, tools and the extra key.

As you can see, there is a lot here and someone is going to end up with a pretty sweet ride. Just for extra notes, the title is clean, the top end was recently gone through with new gaskets, the motor has never (and I mean never) been blown up, and the swingarm, radiator, oil tank, wheel hubs and tires were all put back on this machine with less than 4 hours on them.

Please contact me if you are interested. Thanks.

ThomsonRacing
02-02-2007, 06:58 AM
mitchyfz...i responded to your PM...thanks...

ThomsonRacing
02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
links to some pics...

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/TurboSN95/JJ/YFZ_3.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/TurboSN95/JJ/YFZ_5.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k190/TurboSN95/JJ/YFZ_2.jpg

ThomsonRacing
02-08-2007, 11:04 AM
Still have the quad...Hope to sell it since tax season is here...A great machine and a steal at $4,500...

jason_david1
02-08-2007, 12:07 PM
where in iowa are you? does it come with the factory parts also?

ThomsonRacing
02-09-2007, 06:02 AM
i'm located in lisbon, iowa...just east of cedar rapids...

as far as factory parts, a lot of them were put back on the quad when i removed a bunch of the racing stuff...i sold the a-arms and front shocks...the only things i have left are the headlights and the rear shock...

let me know if you want more pics...