PDA

View Full Version : what would you do?

hawaiikfx400
01-30-2007, 11:59 PM
put houser stem and clamp on.looking for ideas on mounting lights and key.was thinking key on l fender and lights on plastic piece on tank in the front it looks like theres enough room.im getting a mier c hood so i dont want to drill on it.ive thought of getting rid of them and the blob on left side of bars.but dont trust myself to wire up the killswitch?well too long of post so thanks for any help ideas or pics.aloha

smoothie
01-31-2007, 10:51 AM
there are a bunch of topics on this.... try searching a bit and i promise you that you will find pictures with ideas for your lights and key. I have looked at this myself and they are out there.

if you don't want to drill into your new hood then you can put them on the sides. or under your reverse swich? right behind the steering stem.... or if none of that works you could easily make a little bracket that bolts up with your clamp and use that as a small dash. of if you want to i have seen some guy on here or central that made and sold them for like 20 bucks i think? good luck man.

drzoo2
01-31-2007, 01:45 PM
I be that guy. Take a look at the thread at central if your interested........

http://www.z400central.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=65231&hl=

z

smoothie
02-04-2007, 07:44 PM
haha i be that guy lol yes that is you. nefty little idea you got there i must say. I love making stuff on me own. I have mad e a block off plate, skid for frame and working on the swing arm skid right now. also working on a case saver... should be getting machined this week sometime... :D

I was thinking of making stuff and selling it here but i don't know if i have the time or money to do that... i wouldn't really make all that much on it, might throw it out there though...

Vindex Injuriae
02-05-2007, 12:14 PM
I like the key on the fender idea - just put it where the reverse knob goes and get one of the reverse kits that moves the switch to the bar. Makes it more accessible anyway! That'll be a project for me in the very near future....

jherbie28
02-24-2007, 02:45 PM
hey hawaiikfx what year is your kfx? do you have any play in your stem at the top where it mounts in the clamp? mark at houser told me to get a stock 400ex bushing kit and use it in the new install. if i was sitting on the bike i could move it forward and back.

drzoo2
02-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by smoothie
haha i be that guy lol yes that is you. nefty little idea you got there i must say. I love making stuff on me own. I have mad e a block off plate, skid for frame and working on the swing arm skid right now. also working on a case saver... should be getting machined this week sometime... :D

I was thinking of making stuff and selling it here but i don't know if i have the time or money to do that... i wouldn't really make all that much on it, might throw it out there though...

I'd be interested in seeing your case saver. Do you have cad drawing? I'd be willing to trade one dfx for another.

z

rockman
02-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by hawaiikfx400
was thinking key on l fender and lights on plastic piece on tank in the front it looks like theres enough room.
Thats what I did and it looks like it was made that way.

Actually my key is on the hood on the right side. I'll find a pic of it.

smoothie
02-26-2007, 09:56 PM
I do actually have the drawing in master cam 9 though... I run it on a acu-rite programmed mill. What kind of parts do you have to offer me? lol. I can make all of my own stuffs not too worried about that part(almost done with a set of 1 1/8 clamps :p ) I dont' know would you want to buy a case saver or parkign block off plate? I'd make you those parts, not the clamps though, I don't want to put your life at risk with my parts lol. I trust my design and machining but I'm just a guy with some home brewing haha.

Originally posted by drzoo2
I'd be interested in seeing your case saver. Do you have cad drawing? I'd be willing to trade one dfx for another.

z