PDA

View Full Version : Keep it or sell it?

Zeppelin03
01-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Well here is the deal.... A few weeks ago we were riding in the sandpit neer my house and the cops came. They only were there because a noice complaint from fussy neighbors who also ride too but werent out there...:rolleyes: ..but they were nice and we had to leave and didnt do anything else to us. Now we cant realy go back anymore because if they were to come again we were informed that unless we have written permission we are technicaly supposed to be there. Weve talked the owners of the pit and they dont care its jsut their insurance wouldnt allow for them to give us written permission..so long story short, we cant ride there anymore because even if we run from the cops they now no me and where i live. So lately ive been debating weather or not to keep my quad or not. My step brother is selling his Predator because hes had problems with it but has no intention of getting another machine so on top of no riding place, i have no riding buddy either. Soo what this long explanation is getting at is should I just give up riding and sell my quad or stick it out. I'd love to stick it out but I dont feel like being on the cops bad side or constantly having to worry and idk any alternate solutions.

suzukigirl
01-30-2007, 06:21 PM
i'd say stick it out if you can...and if you want to...if you have a place to ride you can always find someone to ride with:) ...that is if you have anywhere else you can ride

Zeppelin03
01-30-2007, 06:24 PM
yeah..its not so much that im worried about having someone to ride with but rather a place i can ride and not be bothered by the authorities..

ilpadrino113
01-30-2007, 06:24 PM
of course most poepl here will say to stick it out

I'd call the cops before you went riding and just talk to to em.
say that you're going riding on privately owned land and you have permission to be there and that the neighbors call to complane and just see what they say. If they say no then no harm. If you just talk to the police they'll usually be nice and let you know what's up

firefighterjosh
01-30-2007, 06:29 PM
How much do you love the sport? Can you drive?

If you love the sport and can drive then it is easier to keep it.

Ruby Soho
01-30-2007, 06:32 PM
stick it out man, i ride 90% by myself, and with friends when i can, and when there quads actually are running ha

Sportrax10
01-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Find somewhere else to ride...

Riding in the same pit everyday would get old...

If you dont have your licence and you are getting it soon... Def. keep the quad..(Just make sure its locked up really good)

Zeppelin03
01-30-2007, 07:48 PM
the pit i ride in doesnt realy get old because were always finding new stuff to do. There arent any places that i can get to by trail like it. I have my lisence but ive got a car and dont plan on getting a truck.

400exrider707
01-31-2007, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Zeppelin03
got a car and dont plan on getting a truck.

c'mon wheres the dedication?:rolleyes:

01-31-2007, 07:50 AM
If you gotta ask, sell.

400exrider707
01-31-2007, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by garandman
If you gotta ask, sell.

Exactly, if you even contemplate it....your heart obviously just isn't in it. I could never sell mine, unless I was buying another one.

Zeppelin03
01-31-2007, 12:28 PM
well since im only 16 i cant afford a truck or the gas to put in it which is the only reason im not getting one.. I love the sport and it kills me to even have to think about getting rid of it because i love this quad.. I dont think im gonna get rid of it anytime soon..Im waiting to see if my mom can find a house with riding areas...all i was asking is what you'd do given the situation not to say im not dedicated to riding

01-31-2007, 12:41 PM
...all i was asking is what you'd do given the situation not to say im not dedicated to riding

Honestly, I'd get a job (ride a bicycle for the first year to get there if I had to) so I could earn the $$$ necessary to buy a truck to be able to haul my ride where I wanted to go.

You can get a good enuf F-150 for $1500.

Seriously, bro....go make it happen. Stop waiting for someone else to make it happen for you.

I don't mean to offend... rather to encourage you to take charge of your life.

PolarisRider06
01-31-2007, 01:16 PM
put a hitch on your car.....

or if you dont have a trailer (keep in mind this isn't the best idea but will work) park your quad on your car, fron tires on roof, back tires on trunk, run straps through the doors and under the back. it will work, not the best way to move a machine around but if dont have a truck or a trailer to pull behind your car its the only way. throw some blankets or something under the tires so it wont scratch up your paint. if your parents dont like you doing that to haul it tell them to get you a trailer or help you buy a truck or your just gonna keep on hauling it on the roof of your car.

400exrider707
01-31-2007, 01:22 PM
I would look at getting a 4 banger truck with a 5 speed and 2x4. Perfect for hauling a quad and good on gas. Its what I started out with.;)

just FYI my dedication remark was meant more as a joke than anything so dont get offended

PolarisRider06
01-31-2007, 01:28 PM
4 banger truck is a great idea actually... i've talked to a few people with mid 90's model s-10's with 4 bangers and 5 speeds 2 wheel drive and they get 30-32 highway mpg.... thats better than my 2001 ford taurus...

Zeppelin03
01-31-2007, 01:53 PM
yeah..Im looking into buying a Mustang this summer because i have a job now and ive been saving..gas realy isnt an issue i just dont want a truck..If my dad would let me use his Ranger id be golden...I think im just going to try and find some places/ people that ride in MA so i know it will be alright to ride where i am and Im hopeing that my mom buys a house with some land so i can make a small track and stuff..

Which 450?
01-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I think less then 1% of quad owners can ride somewhere from their house. if you have a quad, and dont have a truck, or dont want to trailer with your car, it's pretty much pointless to have a quad.

01-31-2007, 03:12 PM
yeah..Im looking into buying a Mustang this summer because i have a job now and ive been saving..gas realy isnt an issue i just dont want a truck..If my dad would let me use his Ranger id be golden...I think im just going to try and find some places/ people that ride in MA so i know it will be alright to ride where i am and Im hopeing that my mom buys a house with some land so i can make a small track and stuff..

I have 7 acres, and about a half mile woods track.

Its too small. Gets old after about 15 minutes of riding.

I think you need to wrap your mind around trucking / trailering your quad to a decent ride area.

trxwannbe
01-31-2007, 06:27 PM
man i'm from ct and ma is a hard place to find somewhere to ride especially seeing as southwick isn't allowing quads back this year(which is really gay by the way they've pretty much ruined there reputation in this sport) but you should check the series i run NEATV we hit up a place in capeway mass and you get a one day membership for the days we're there for like $10 and if you take the initiative and give our president a call he'll usually hook you up with the one day for free