PDA

View Full Version : wheel spacers

key
01-30-2007, 04:21 PM
I have a 2004 yfz450 and do a suspension rebuild. I want to widen it out, but dont have the money for a-arms and shocks. I was looking at wheels spacers , but dont know what type to get. Should I get aluminum or graphite? billet aluminum or T6 aluminum? For the rear I am planning on a G-Force extended axle.

400exrider707
01-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by key
I have a 2004 yfz450 and do a suspension rebuild. I want to widen it out, but dont have the money for a-arms and shocks. I was looking at wheels spacers , but dont know what type to get. Should I get aluminum or graphite? billet aluminum or T6 aluminum? For the rear I am planning on a G-Force extended axle.

You should leave it stock until you can afford arms. Spacers are awful! Every time you run spacers or flipped rims... god kills a kitten!!! :blah:

enduro400rider
01-31-2007, 01:46 PM
yea dont run spacers, expecailly up front it will handle like crap, you turning radius will be terrible. i wouldnt buy any kind of spacer just save your money for the real thing, you will be happier in the long run. if your going to spend money for an extended axle you could alway put that money torwards some used arms and then put spacers on the rear, the spacers wont effect your handling in a bad way if you put them in the back, but i wouldnt trust them if you do much jumping

jrm03
01-31-2007, 04:27 PM
I will go to the other side of the fence. If its all you can afford to get for the time being, get them. They help the handling of your quad, but you will get a lot more feedback. I had them for awhile until I could afford some +1's. I wouldn't recommend them if you are mx'ing, but for recreational use, you will be fine. I had the G Force spacers, and they were great quality and affordable. In the long run though, you will be better off with extended arms.
Check out the classifieds here, you can find some great deals.

key
01-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Would the quad handle ok if I went with a different off set wheel in the front? Currently I have stock fronts.

400exrider707
01-31-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Every time you run spacers or flipped rims ... god kills a kitten!!! :blah:

flipped rims and offset rims do the same thing that wheel spacers do, they will help you balance easier, but decrease the ability to handle well. I prefer wheels over spacers, but still.......I would NEVER go more offset than stock.