PDA

View Full Version : Hawkeye Downs MX in IOWA

HiperEX
01-30-2007, 02:38 PM
anyone race here, im probably goin to race the first one they have a probably some of the other dates just wondering how there track is the layout looks real good, if you dont know about this track here is there web site www.cvtr.org

LTR450_#67
02-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Hawkeye Downs is where I race other than K&K Raceway in Maquoketa, IA.....usually they swap every weekend. Hawkeye Downs is more of Supercross track in my opinion being as its a lot tighter than K&K. The Camelback jump is fun too! I raced there 8 times or so in 2006. Chad Weinen showed up for a couple races and battled with Jeffrey Robbins out of Missouri. I am gonna try and make the March 17th practice.....could be nippy out! Don't be suprised if they change up the track during the season, they have done it the last couple years.

later
Aaron

LTR450_#67
02-02-2007, 11:36 PM
Also if you wanna race probably the best MX track in Iowa, you got to go to THE FARM (www.thefarmmx.com) down south of Des Moines, Iowa outside of Indianola. They only race quads on the track once the whole season, but its awesome! That race is held on Saturday March 31st. I know it's a ways away from you but it would (I think) be worth the trip. I've seen guys from Minnesota come there. It has some big hills but it's a very fun track. The down hill jump is pretty killer, not hard but the faster you go, the farther down you will go in the air (its a long hill) and you get goin fast but you gotta break hard for a turn back up another hill. It's a pretty long track too! Compared to Maquoketa or Hawkeye Downs anyways.
They had a dyno there last year so you could tune your bike or see what you were pulling down for power. I think Maxxis, Tireballs and a few other companys had trailers there. The facilities are good too, having showers and stuff.

later
Aaron

balls2da-wall
02-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Actually the real race isnt till April 1st (the next day)...The opening round of the IATVHSS is at the farm.:D :p

WheelieMan4
02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Yea..we've been down to Maquoketa..It's actually the only track that I have raced on but I love it...set-up really nice and pretty open.