PDA

View Full Version : Trx250r To 200cc

boomer43
01-30-2007, 02:21 PM
I AM LOOKING TO SLEVE DOWN MY 250R TO A 200 . LOOKING FOR SOME INFORMATION ON THIS PROJECTS.

blasterandy
01-30-2007, 02:30 PM
why to much power for ya :D Why dont you just water down the fuel while your at it. Sry
I don't know i have never heard of anyone doing this. Although it is possible i dont know if anyone makes a kit to do this. I would like to see a link to one if you have it. You may have to have a sleeve made or use one from a different atv.

Have you considered geting a blaster you can pick up an older one in good condition for about 1k-800$
Or a newer one for about 1600-2000$ ya know. :D
sry i couldn't be of more help:confused:

zedicus00
01-30-2007, 03:17 PM
this is possible but not very common any more. use to be a big deal for the flat track guys trying to run in the smaller classes. sleeving is the easiest and i think la sleeve still makes a sleeve to do this with. c-leigh will know i bet...

i saw a destroked 200R 3 wheeler i think on ebay a while back, thouse things r collectables for sure, went for lots of $.

carl250r
01-30-2007, 04:08 PM
go here and search "200R" in the search box

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

a 200R is a big deal in the 3 wheeler world.

a selvy 200R is a very big deal.

there are honda factory 200R's that had a very radical frame,swing arm ,and engine.

and there were sleaved or stroked down regular 85/86 bikes ran by non factory guys.

i know that that is a link to a 3 wheeler site but a 3 wheeler 250r is the same thing as a 4 wheeler. and there is some serious info on that site.

86 Quad R
01-31-2007, 06:23 AM
i done some looking around and found that Selvys Performance (http://www.manta.com/comsite5/bin/pddnb_company.pl?page=manta_us_class1_y&id=jrxtz0)

here is the original Ad

deathman53
01-31-2007, 04:02 PM
there was 3 ways to do a 200r, debore it(very common, but it had a narrow powerband), destroke(not so common, but resulted in a heavy bottom end motor), destroke and cut the cylinder down (this how selvy did it, resulted in a very wide powerband and very easy to ride). Selvy would destroke, cut the cylinder down, resurface it, they opened the water passages, did something to the ignition, and modified the transmition too, radically re-port it, boost ports were added too.

The selvy one was the one you wanted(besides the factory honda ones). Factory honda bikes used a mtx 250 motor, that was desleaved, radically ported and many custom chassis stuff, lots of un-obtainable parts and closely guarded porting layouts. Most of the honda race bikes had a nickal-sil liner 68mm and they had(in 85) what we know now as 87-89 transmittion ratios.

I got this information from Mike Coe. He is on one of the 3 wheeler boards, as well as other racers. Marty Hart used a -1 swingarm with a different geometry frame, when they got to ride the atc500r(never got to mass production, only a few were made), they all changed there frames to +1 postioning of the tank, fenders, modifing the front end to the be +1, and a -1 swingarm. They also got to ride some other protypes, atc480r, atc500x, the 200r that honda was gonna release(their lawyers stopped them, due to climbing lawsuits), and more stuff we never heard of.