PDA

View Full Version : Batteries????? Which one is the best

440BEAST
01-30-2007, 01:59 PM
I bought an Everstart Battery from Wal-Mart (ES9BS) because I needed one quick... I have to add the Acid to it when I am ready to use it... After adding the acid do I need to Charge this battery and keep it on a battery tender??? Will this battery soffice? or will I be replacing it soon?

Old Head
01-30-2007, 02:01 PM
yes it will need tio be charged. as for lasting I have no idea. You can buy a good batery and only get a cople years out of it. I've bought 2 batteries from the auto store and so far so good.

440BEAST
01-30-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the response... I guess I will have to read the instructions on the battery

ckasper18
01-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Yuasa is the best cost a little more but worth the money.Your charging system will never stop charging the wal mart battery which can burn out your charging system on your quad.

CDCHONDAS
01-30-2007, 03:02 PM
9BS battery is a maintenence free battery no matter where you get it its the same. Sure there are quality differences. and to activate them you have to put acid in them, just some places you get them put it in for you. I dont see any problem. Yes once you put acid in it you should put a 1.5-2 amp charge on it for about an hour or just go by the directions. you should but I don't always.

northwest Texas
01-30-2007, 05:10 PM
When I replaced mine, the guy that does all my alternator work, etc got me an Interstate to fit my EX. I had to mix in the acid and charge it for a short while (it will have directions) and that's been 2 years ago almost.

Batteries can be a crapshoot. Sometimes you spend the money to get a "good" battery and it lasts half as long as the "cheap" battery you got. I've had good/bad experiences with both.

Pappy
01-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
When I replaced mine, the guy that does all my alternator work, etc got me an Interstate to fit my EX. I had to mix in the acid and charge it for a short while (it will have directions) and that's been 2 years ago almost.

Batteries can be a crapshoot. Sometimes you spend the money to get a "good" battery and it lasts half as long as the "cheap" battery you got. I've had good/bad experiences with both.

Its a Yuasa;)

The battery's used in todays atv's include an acid pack that requires you to remove the black strip cap, a foil seal(on the battery) and thats it. Place it upside down over the openings in the battery, press down to puncture the foil sealing the acid pack and let it drain.

Its best to allow the battery to sit overnight before placing the black strip cap on the battery and tapping it on. This seals the unit, the acid you added is absorbed by the fiberglass matt the plates sit in and your ready to charge. 5 amps for 1 hour

chiaml
01-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Anyone have any experience with the gel batteries like odyssey?

2004yellow400ex
01-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Yuasa is the best cost a little more