PDA

View Full Version : how much hp?

Dr89
01-30-2007, 01:06 PM
i was just wondering if anyone could give me a good estimate of how much horsepower im pulling out of my kfx??? engine is stock, has a full white bros carbon fiber exhaust, k&n filter with outerwear, no lid or snorkel, noss machine aluminum flange, white bros CDI, dyno jet kit...and i think thats it as far as those kinda things.

i was thinkin a stock kfx was around 33hp right? so i figured i'd have at least 40...maybe? i dunno really im just guessing

and how does that compare to the hp of mainly stock 450's???

just wondering because im deciding whether or not to keep my kfx or trade it for a closer to stock 450 or some kind of hybrid, but i figured my kfx could well out handle a stock 450 and if the hp is somewhere close i may as well just keep it.

thanks, and sorry for the long post.

z400roosteR
01-31-2007, 01:30 PM
Well i literally just got back from having my LTZ dyno'd and the results are wierd, pulled 29.8hp AT THE WHEELS and 24lbs torque. They said those numbers are just above average of what they read for piped 400's. They say a piped 450 hits 35-37 on their dnyo.

And if i measured my bike by the crank it'd be around high 40's maybe 50.

And those numbers are w/ hmf slip on, kn, air box lid removed......Jetting was dead on also.

Just sounds like their dyno reads lower, reason i did it was i am installing a big bore and cams..Wanna see the number jump. Cause it really doesn't matter what it reads because the gap will be the same. whether it goes from 29 to 37 or if it read 35 and jumped to 43 it is still the same amount.

drzoo2
01-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Most of what I've seen a stock z is 27-29HP. Most of the pipe shootouts show about +5HP so it's right around 34 or 35 with your mods. I think most bigbore bike kits are only pushing a little more than 40.

Dr89
01-31-2007, 05:01 PM
alright cool, thanks guys

montycarlo
02-03-2007, 06:16 AM
The rule of reality is that you've always got more power with your own math than you actually do. I'm staying away from dynos unless I've got a wrinkle in my tuning that I need per-fessionaly ironed out!
:D

rockman
02-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by drzoo2
Most of what I've seen a stock z is 27-29HP. Most of the pipe shootouts show about +5HP so it's right around 34 or 35 with your mods. I think most bigbore bike kits are only pushing a little more than 40.
I want to have mine dyno'd once i get it ported and an fcr