PDA

View Full Version : Burgard 4130 chromoly swingarm '86 LT250R

smokerider29483
01-30-2007, 08:01 AM
Hey fella's,

I finally got my Burgard swingarm. This thing is made out of 4130 Chromoly steel, and is pretty heavy. Should I run this thing? I mean will it make my bike *** heavy real bad? One things for sure there is no way in hell I'm breaking it. Less weight is better I always say. If this was a quadzilla I wouldn't sweat it. I'm honestly thinking of selling it and going with a stocker?

Thoughts, opinions??

BTW, The powdercoat that I paid extra for, is probably the worst job I have ever seen. I could have did better with the Harbor Frieght system and my freakin kitchen oven.

bradley300
01-30-2007, 08:12 AM
if its really chromoly, you should be amazed with how light it is. my geuss is its not all chromoly, and probably just chromoly on the main tubes with normal steel pivots, gussets and shock brace. the last thing i would do is call burgaurd and send it back, there customer service only gets worse. if you dont like it sell it.

if everythig is OK, and it is just a heavier part than the stocker (which it may be, dont the lt's have an aluminum swingarm?) then it isnt a big deal. the extra weight shouldnt really affect anything noticeable.

smokerider29483
01-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Yeah,

The LT's have Aluminum swingers. I guess I will just run it and see how it is. Its just heavier than the stocker. But if he is using cheaper steel and advertising them as something different and charging me 740.00 facking bucks for **** steel then I think he needs his *** kicked.:mad:

SWIGIN
02-02-2007, 01:29 PM
iv known burgard for years and he does us chromoly

i dont know why everyone thinks chromoly is lighter then mild steel but this is false

i raced a q-racer back in the 90s and broke several aluminum swing arms till i built one out of mild steel and it lasted for years

run it it will be fine