PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Cdi Box

N2SAND
01-29-2007, 09:39 PM
I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE COULD TELL ME WHAT CDI BOX WILL LAST LONGER THAN A FEW MONTHS. IM ON MY THIRD ONE, I BOUGHT THE FIRST ONE FROM EVERYTHING OFFROAD IT LASTED ABOUT THREE MONTHS AND THEY STUCK ME WITH IT. THEY WOULDNT TAKE IT BACK ON WARRANTY. THEN I GOT ONE FROM BLACK RHINO AND IT TO WENT BAD THEY ARE SENDING ME NEW ONE, BUT THERE HAS GOTTA BE A GOOD ONE THAT WILL LAST ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEASE HELP

Pro Wrench
01-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Buy a Dynatek brand & you should be fine. On ebay for $160 - $180.
There are 100 different brands, but all are made by 2 companies. Procom & Dynatek. I bet you have had 3 Procom's, they are a few bucks cheaper but you get what you pay for.
Many companies like BRP, (Black Rhino Performance) buy junk procom boxes & slap their sticker on it then pass them off as their own, so unless you know it's a Dynatek brand box, pass.

firefighterjosh
01-30-2007, 06:39 PM
I heard "Scary Fast" Makes a nice CDI box.

Pro Wrench
02-13-2007, 05:09 PM
"Scary fast" does not make CDI boxes. They buy them & put their own sticker on it. It's most likely the not so good Procomm brand. If it were a Dynatek they would want you to know as it's so much better & widely known to be no comparison.

jhood12
05-13-2007, 10:09 PM
my dad went through the same thing with his cdi box he got from Black Rhino. It was a real pain to start even in the dead of summer. So he ordered a CDI Box from Hunterworks.com and it fires everytime and runs great... I would highly recommend one from them..