PDA

View Full Version : car trouble i think my head is junk

enduro400rider
01-29-2007, 08:08 PM
so today i noticed my check engine light came on (the car is a 2001 honda CRV)... no big deal i know quite a bit about cars so i check it out. it was missfiring on one cylinder. the spark plug was loose so it was letting compression out. i tighten it back up and go for a drive. im about 10 miles from home when it starts missfiring again. i pull over and check the plug again, it seems tight. the car is running really rough. so i call my old man and tell him my problem. he said well if the car starts and runs then just drive it home. :rolleyes: i argue with him about it for a little bit and decide... hey he bought the car.. if he wants it ruined not my problem. so i limp the thing home. when i pop the hood i notice the wire that was on the loose plug was just hanging free..... the long part that sticks into the head and over the plug is gone... its just raw broken wires now, i look in the plug hole to find that the rest of the plug wire has melted around the plug. basically all you can see is the end of the plug surrounded by melted rubber. i see no way of getting the plug out. the melted rubber covers the part of the plug you slip the socket over.... anyone have any ideas? right now im pretty pissed cuz im guessing the head is junk now.