PDA

View Full Version : Rekluses kick *****!!

Sjorge450R
01-29-2007, 03:59 PM
I love this thing. Now I just gotta go to rausch and put it to the test in the woods.

<embed width="350" height="290" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://s111.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid111.photobucket.com/albums/n142/Sjorge3442/riding024.flv"></embed>

SwainRacing
01-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Sjorge300EX
Did you get the new Pro or the regular Z Start? They are GREAT! I dont know what I would do if I had to ride and use a clutch now! You will love it in the woods!

Sjorge450R
01-29-2007, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SwainRacing
Sjorge300EX
Did you get the new Pro or the regular Z Start? They are GREAT! I dont know what I would do if I had to ride and use a clutch now! You will love it in the woods!

its just he Regular Z start. I ended trading Lonestar R on this site my Elka Recs from my 300 for it. I love this clutch. its still slipping in first gear but its doesnt do it when Im moving, only a dead stop.

hondamano4
01-29-2007, 07:42 PM
yea i love mine to. i am waiting on the rekluse clutch pro to come i tought i would try one of them. but it is on back order intill feb 5 and i cant wait to get in and see what it is like. i wont to see how much of a differnt it is to just z clutch.

ERIC

czrider263
01-29-2007, 08:13 PM
how well do they do with MX?

rollie
01-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by czrider263
how well do they do with MX?

I'm also wondering that, i would think it would work awsome, save alot of time in corners and shifting in the air

Sjorge450R
01-30-2007, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by rollie
I'm also wondering that, i would think it would work awsome, save alot of time in corners and shifting in the air

its so nice just being able to stomp on the rear brake, jerk the bars and then hammer it again.

SwainRacing
01-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Sorge, you say it is slipping in first gear? Did you put all new plates and disks in it? also there are 2 diferent type of balls. There should be 5 titanium balls and the rest are steel. You can tell with a magnut which are which. Are the steel plates discolored? Also do you have the pearch adjuster?
What is your install gap set at?
What spring are you running in the pearch adjuster if you have it?
I also suggest you check your gap after evey race and every 2 rides. I do it after ever time I ride it. You do need to keep up with them! I think the new PRO will be better for MX. Not that the regular one will not work, it is just how you use your clutch comming out of a corner.

tomg
01-30-2007, 10:09 AM
iv got one fitted to my 450r and race mx, works really well i think! no worries of stalling on the starts anymore :D

tomg
01-30-2007, 10:11 AM
sorry for got to say... mine slippted too in first gear for about the first 2 hours of riding. It soon bedded in. ;)

Sjorge450R
01-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Sorge, you say it is slipping in first gear? Did you put all new plates and disks in it? also there are 2 diferent type of balls. There should be 5 titanium balls and the rest are steel. You can tell with a magnut which are which. Are the steel plates discolored? Also do you have the pearch adjuster?
What is your install gap set at?
What spring are you running in the pearch adjuster if you have it?
I also suggest you check your gap after evey race and every 2 rides. I do it after ever time I ride it. You do need to keep up with them! I think the new PRO will be better for MX. Not that the regular one will not work, it is just how you use your clutch comming out of a corner.

yeah the steel plates are discolored. Whats up with that?!?! Also, the balls are where they are supposed to be. I am running the perch adjustter with the soft spring and approx 2.5 threads showing. my gap is at .032. I am going to recheck it tomorrow night and go from there. Are the plates supposed to be discolored? THats kinda worrying me.

tomg
01-30-2007, 03:11 PM
would you mind explaining how to "check the gap" iv raced a full season and checked nothing!all works fine.....just for peace of mind :confused:

SwainRacing
01-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Sjorge300EX Looks like it is time for some new plates. Check them and see if they are warped. If they are the need replaced. If they arent I would still replace them. Rekluse plates are around $5 each, but you will still need 2 stock plates. When they start looking like yours that is a sign of the clutch slipping. You may want to replace the fiber disks too, if they were not new.

I run my at .032 too. Checking the gap is not to hard. You do need 2 sets of feeler guages. You want to slide them in beneath the 1st or 2nd friction disk 180 deg from each other. If your gap is more than .035 you need to adjust it. You do this by replacing one of the thinner plates with a thicker one.

I think Rekluse recomends at least 1/4inch of threads out of the pearc adjuster. I never run it lower than that. Soft spring is good for your type of racing.

With the quad fired up at idle, your clutch cable should be soft till about 1/2inch from the bars and start to have a little pressure on it. The rev the engine up to about 3000-3500 rpm and the leaver should feel like a stock leaver. If it dosent you dont have it set up right and this may be causing the slippage.

hondamano4
01-30-2007, 05:00 PM
i read on a other rekluse post on here and they said to the the install gap at .25-.28. because mine did the samething burned the steel disc up to. so i did what those poeple did. i dont have the proble anymore. but i am going to get the pro clutch now.

Eric

Sjorge450R
01-30-2007, 06:29 PM
Sjorge300EX Looks like it is time for some new plates. Check them and see if they are warped. If they are the need replaced. If they arent I would still replace them. Rekluse plates are around $5 each, but you will still need 2 stock plates. When they start looking like yours that is a sign of the clutch slipping. You may want to replace the fiber disks too, if they were not new.

I run my at .032 too. Checking the gap is not to hard. You do need 2 sets of feeler guages. You want to slide them in beneath the 1st or 2nd friction disk 180 deg from each other. If your gap is more than .035 you need to adjust it. You do this by replacing one of the thinner plates with a thicker one.

I think Rekluse recomends at least 1/4inch of threads out of the pearc adjuster. I never run it lower than that. Soft spring is good for your type of racing.

With the quad fired up at idle, your clutch cable should be soft till about 1/2inch from the bars and start to have a little pressure on it. The rev the engine up to about 3000-3500 rpm and the leaver should feel like a stock leaver. If it dosent you dont have it set up right and this may be causing the slippage.

like i said, it only does it in first tho. the plates are still good. there not warped. I am thinking I may not have the weird friction plate in the right spot. You know what im talking about. the one that is like really small. I will pick up a clutch disc set and go from there I guess. ALl I did was put the clutch in, ride it and that is what they looked like. Maybe Colby will chime in and give some advice.

SwainRacing
01-30-2007, 06:48 PM
You should not use the little disk use a full disk! I know some use it but rekluse doesnt recomend it!

Sjorge450R
01-30-2007, 07:21 PM
You should not use the little disk use a full disk! I know some use it but rekluse doesnt recomend it!

ahhh your killing me... I argued the guy at Rekluse and they told me to use it. this i smore than likley the problem. I will contact me dealer ASAP for a regular plate.

SwainRacing
01-31-2007, 06:45 AM
Sorry. Who are you talking with out at Rekluse? Unless they have changed things you should not use it. Ask for Patrick or Sean and tell them I sent you to them for help!

400exrider707
01-31-2007, 07:42 AM
Blue plates are definitely a sign for replacement. It shouldnt slip in any gear. Blue is from the metal being heated up so bad from slipping.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-31-2007, 07:57 AM
The rekluse steel plates are going to discolor faster than the stock ones because they are thinner. We always use the jutter spring I have tried a lot of setups with the rekluse and like the jutter spring installed the best, without it you will get a clutch squeal under heavy load low rpm conditions. I always set the gap at .032, make sure you have the perch adjuster disconnected before checking gap. There are a lot of other things I look for to make sure it is setup right but they are hard to explain in a post.

400exrider707
01-31-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
The rekluse steel plates are going to discolor faster than the stock ones because they are thinner. We always use the jutter spring I have tried a lot of setups with the rekluse and like the jutter spring installed the best, without it you will get a clutch squeal under heavy load low rpm conditions. I always set the gap at .032, make sure you have the perch adjuster disconnected before checking gap. There are a lot of other things I look for to make sure it is setup right but they are hard to explain in a post.

Good info.

thump4863
01-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Yep the key to making sure your gap is right is to disconnect the clutch cable. If you don't your gap will be off. I also left the judder spring in and it worked fine for me.

Sjorge450R
01-31-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing

thank you so much colby. The jutter spring? Is that those two wave like things because all the clutch plates? If so, im going ot put those back in. Also, are you running the small friction plate still or did you switch to a full size?

rap169
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
mines slips on a start sometimes. I dont like it but it always has. I am not using the judder spring or small plate either. Maybe ill put it back in if it helps.

Colby@C&DRacing
02-01-2007, 03:33 PM
you only use the full fiber if you take out the jutter springs and the small fiber..

czrider263
02-01-2007, 03:42 PM
C&D racing

Can I purchase a rekluses clutch from you?

Sjorge450R
02-01-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by czrider263
C&D racing

Can I purchase a rekluses clutch from you?

yep. He has the cheapest price I can find anywhere. Then again, he always has the cheapest prices.

SwainRacing
02-01-2007, 04:27 PM
I run the full fiber disk and mine never slips.

Sjorge450R
02-03-2007, 09:05 AM
i tried putting in the judder spring and the judder seat but it seems like now I have to remove a friction plate or something cause the rekluse pressure plate doesnt fit in the grooves.

300racer
02-04-2007, 10:17 AM
i have a rekluse but have never tried to install it. do i need a differant clutch perch? or can i use my asv?