PDA

View Full Version : Runnin 14/39 Sprockets

skeeter185
01-29-2007, 03:23 PM
ANYONE RUNNING THIS SETUP 14/39 PUT MINE ON THIS WEEKEND WITH A DIDX-RING RODE UP THE STREET THING JUST WANTS TO JUMP STRAIGHT UP IT SEEMS AWESOME I DIDNT TRY RIDDING IT WITH JUST A 14 WITH A STOCK REAR IHAVE READ THE THREADS WITH THE 14s I DONT NEED THE TOPEND SO MUCH TRAILS TIGHT LIKE THE HILLS

hornetgod13
01-29-2007, 03:38 PM
This is the stock sprocket settings for 2005 and up models. I like it. I've had people ask me if I was going to change either front or rear sprockets and I replied, "Why?". I think the set up is perfect already. My top end is great. I had it up to 68.3 mph with my mods and it will motor right up the steepest hills hauling my 230 lbs frame with no problems.

stvemerz
01-30-2007, 11:49 AM
This is my first crack at a gearing question....but if you have motor modifications and have gone down in tire size...maybe 1 tooth larger on front would not be such a bad idea...I've been told that if you have slight motor mods a 1 tooth jump will help lengthen the amount of usable rpms for each gear...so if you are hill climbing and 1st is way to low and 2nd is working good but you are reving pretty high...the increase in gear would allow each gear to be rung out a little more...for that same hill 3rd might not cut it but if you have the engine power...gearing could make all the diference....Any advice on this would also help me with this as well...Thanks..

WhtPrd09
01-30-2007, 01:04 PM
i run 18 inch holeshots...when i went to just tires i had way to much bottom end it stripped the front sproket. so i went to the 15 tooth front and stock rear. it has alot of bottem end and revs out perfect. i can keep up with my friends 06 pred. that has a lil mods till the top end hits and he blows by me. but thats the 18s.