PDA

View Full Version : whats the best?

woodsracer144
01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
ok, i have a blaster right now and i got it for 600 and the motor built and i only had to pay 650 bucks off it, i got a steal, any ways, i love the 250r's my buddy had one and i loved it, i wanna eather pimp out my blaster or pick up a really nice 250r, ot a blowen one and but a power valve kit, i dont know what to do, whats some things that you can do so you dont foul plugs left and right like my buddys, but he changed to champion and then he didnt, what do you think i sould do.
thanks for you imput it will great ly help!

garrettagr
01-29-2007, 05:24 PM
If it were me, i would probably try to sell the blaster and make a little profit. But i would consider the difference between what you would get for the blaster and what you would probably pay for the R. If you are willing to pay the extra $$, then go for it. But you could be different and have cool blaster too. It also depends on how big you are too, maybe a little too big for the blaster maybe. Fouling plugs kind of says too rich or not tuned correctly. Good luck

carl250r
01-29-2007, 05:24 PM
do what every young guy does . save your money and wheel and deal your self into a better bike.

pick up a TRX250r in any shape for teh best price you can and build it up smartly and cheaply.

and your friend fouling jets his motor is p4robably worn out or it is jetted to rich.

buy tools. and read the book. and reed allot on the internet.

read , read ,and read.

and i had some trouble with this one you said ?????
"ot a blowen one and but a power valve kit"

woodsracer144
01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
the blowen motor part, if i could find a r that had a not oso great motor for DIRT CHEAP lik really really low i woulf think about buin it and getin a power valve kit from esr or something.

honda380
01-29-2007, 06:37 PM
quote: carl250r
"do what every young guy does . save your money and wheel amd deal your self into a better bike.
pick up a TRX250r in any shape for teh best price you can and build it up smartly and cheaply."

Carl has it right, i started off with an old warrior, sold it and bought a 250r, unfortunatly i bought at the wrong time, the 4 strokes hadnt come out yet and i paid top dollar for mine, then 2 months later the yfz wrecked the resale value, so i decided to keep mine. ive slowly put parts on it and made it mine, its what i do for fun or if im bored, i find new junk even if i dont need it. i would say definatly buy a cheep R and make it your own! Corey

woodsracer144
01-29-2007, 06:39 PM
my cusins aways say "pay to play" and its really true and with gas being about 3bucks a gallon for the stuff iw ould run in a r what can i do so they dont suck it down so much?

carl250r
01-29-2007, 07:15 PM
leave it stock if you are woried about fuel economy.

but what in the heck are you woried about fuel economy for. 20 bucks in fuel will go a long way. it is a stupid one cylinder 4 wheeler you use to play on. it is not a work truck you drive all day every day.

woodsracer144
01-29-2007, 07:45 PM
yeah but i ride every day for at least a hour, i can go through 21 gallons of gas in a month about, i guess its not bad but a 250 would usr more i think. when you say leave it stock, like bone stock on the motor or could i put a pipe and a sciencler.(sp) and would reeds use up more gas too? thanks!
you know of any good deals on r's in WI westeren part of the state.
thanks!

woodsracer144
01-30-2007, 07:16 PM
ok guys my cusin has a 250r and he hasnt had it runin for about 2 years, he rides it every now and then. but its not that often so every time he rides it he has to do some work to it. and its the 88-89 style im not sure on the year, its got the head light inthe fronts and its white. it has a fmf gold series and a dg scincler(i think on the sci.) its in great shape, he never really rides it becasue they have about 500 head of cattle. and this huge milkin thing. what do you think would be a good price? when they buoght it the 2 oldest brothers went in and got it together, and i was think like 1700-2000 is a good deal since it hasnt ran been running. think its fair?
thanks!

86-250Rnut
02-01-2007, 08:37 AM
ya i think i would pick her up if it was in pretty good condition.
Mitch:macho

woodsracer144
02-03-2007, 05:16 PM
ok
how do 250r's run in the cold? my blaster isrunin like crap and its about -20 out
i ride all year round, i found a 400ex that is kinda in pices for 1900 but im not gonna pay that , i think a trae for my blaster is fair, but after workin on my buddys 440 and his dads 440 i dont like them, i geuss that all wheelers need work but i hate stripin down soo much, on my blaster you got the head then the jug on the 440's you got more nuts and bolts the you can rember where they go but im not sure on what to do. would you get a 400 or a 250r?i wanna make a hybrid and the r is really good cassis by i want to keep the r frames out there for the guys that want the r motors in them
what you think

carl250r
02-04-2007, 04:42 AM
the 250r does everything well.

i would easyly pay 1800 to 2000 bucks for a 250r. i would pay more than that even.

if i had the money on me and it looked great and was exactly what i wanted. i would pay damn nere anything.

get it and clean it up,service everything ,and ride the $#!T out of it.trust me. good bikes like that make it easy to ride fast. a good bike makes you ride fast. go get it now. wake up drive overthere and get it rite now.

woodsracer144
02-04-2007, 07:34 AM
how are the 426 hybirds? im thinkin about makein one since i trail alot and then once i get some more money im gonna get a r,